Passenger occupancy sensor??

Fasin8

Chicago
Does anyone know where this sensor is locate and how do I change it out? I have a error on my dash reading this sensor. This is for a 2017 Continental.

bbf2530

Hi Fasin8. Sorry, I can not help with the sensor location. However, is your 2017 Continental still within the 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty? If yes, why not have it fixed by the Dealership?

Fasin8

Chicago
Hi Fasin8. Sorry, I can not help with the sensor location. However, is your 2017 Continental still within the 4 year/50,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty? If yes, why not have it fixed by the Dealership?
Will warranty still be honored on a rebuilt car? With only 15k miles

bbf2530

Hi Fasin8. That all depends on several variables. Did you purchase it used? For the sake of this explanation, let''s assume you did.

Contact the Service Department at your local Lincoln or Ford Dealership. Do not mention that the car was "rebuilt". Tell them you purchased the car used, ask them when the "in-service date" was and how much time is left on your Warranty. See what they say.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Fasin8

Chicago
Hi Fasin8. That all depends on several variables. Did you purchase it used? For the sake of this explanation, let''s assume you did.

Contact the Service Department at your local Lincoln or Ford Dealership. Do not mention that the car was "rebuilt". Tell them you purchased the car used, ask them when the "in-service date" was and how much time is left on your Warranty. See what they say.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Thanks for the advice I will and see what happens thanks!

bbf2530

Hi Fasin8. An accident that only requires replacing a front bumper, headlight and airbag on a car as costly as a 2017 Lincoln Continental does not usually lead to a "rebuilt" classification. What makes you think it is "rebuilt"?

Fasin8

Chicago
Hi Fasin8. An accident that only requires replacing a front bumper, headlight and airbag on a car as costly as a 2017 Lincoln Continental does not usually lead to a "rebuilt" classification. What makes you think it is "rebuilt"?

It has a rebuilt title when I bought it. I had to replace the whole steering wheel with a new one that cost alone was over $1,500. Bought the car for $15k and had a rebuilder get it Fix with only OEM parts. Lincoln or Ford parts a not cheap. Love the car I have the Reserve with the 3.0t AWD.

bbf2530

Hi fasin8. Okay, so then it was more than a front bumper, headlight and airbag. Those things alone would not lead to a "rebuilt" title.

If it has a "rebuilt" title, it may be out of warranty. It depends on what your state laws are and what Ford/Lincoln knows or doesn't know. Check with the Service Department at your local Lincoln or Ford Dealer to see what their records show. If it is still under warranty, it will save you time, money and trouble.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML