Parking sensors, 09 MKS

Dave watson

I have an ‘09 MKS. I’m having a problem with my sensors; they keep beeping for no reason. I want to shut them off, front and back. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks,
Dave in Newbury, Ma.

Simonsays

Press setup under your radio controls, keep pressing setup until your dash reads "front parking aid" hit the reset button to turn to off.To turn off rear sensor you have be in REVERSE gear, then hit reset to turn off rear parking sensor. Page 23 of your manual. That should do the trick.

Attachments

Dave watson

Press setup under your radio controls, keep pressing setup until your dash reads "front parking aid" hit the reset button to turn to off.To turn off rear sensor you have be in REVERSE gear, then hit reset to turn off rear parking sensor. Page 23 of your manual. That should do the trick.
Thanks Simon. I actually figured that one out myself since first posting this question, but it keeps going back on and beeping.

How about this one though, and I'll post it also; When it's REALLY cold, like it has been lately, my radio won't come on until the car is fully warmed up. Then I have to shut the engine off, re-start it, and turn the radio back on. THEN it comes back on. Of course I've usually arrived at my destination by then...thanks, Dave

Simonsays

Thanks Simon. I actually figured that one out myself since first posting this question, but it keeps going back on and beeping.

How about this one though, and I'll post it also; When it's REALLY cold, like it has been lately, my radio won't come on until the car is fully warmed up. Then I have to shut the engine off, re-start it, and turn the radio back on. THEN it comes back on. Of course I've usually arrived at my destination by then...thanks, Dave
What version of radio do you have?

Scott8

I have a 2009 Lincoln MKS and the rear parking sensor does not beep? in my setup, under the radio controls I go to bread parking sensor and it says ON OFF and usually it lets u toggle between them. mine does not let me even toggle? I checked the 4 sensors on the rear bumper and they all work, I had my wife put the car in reverse and I put my ear up to each sensor, they are all ticking? what could it be? do you know where the "beeper" is located? maybe I can try to switch it out for a new one? is there a module or something that controls it? if so where is that? thanks for any help...

Simonsays

I have a 2009 Lincoln MKS and the rear parking sensor does not beep? in my setup, under the radio controls I go to bread parking sensor and it says ON OFF and usually it lets u toggle between them. mine does not let me even toggle? I checked the 4 sensors on the rear bumper and they all work, I had my wife put the car in reverse and I put my ear up to each sensor, they are all ticking? what could it be? do you know where the "beeper" is located? maybe I can try to switch it out for a new one? is there a module or something that controls it? if so where is that? thanks for any help...
The audio is piped in through the stereo component, so in order to know if the audio is being processed correctly, what version of the radio do you have? Thx 2 or...?

Scott8

The audio is piped in through the stereo component, so in order to know if the audio is being processed correctly, what version of the radio do you have? Thx 2 or...?
not sure, where would I look? (also the front sensor works fine, it beeps when I get close to something , but not the rear? it has no sound?

Simonsays

ok let me look into that tomorrow, will u be on here again? you've been so helpful
Sure thing, I get notifications on this thread, not all of them. Im not an expert either but bought manuals for my 2010 which is gen 1 like you, so should be helpful somewhat. I did find this on the interwebs as well...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML