Ordering a ‘22 in the next couple of days, any tips?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

georgiagirl_1990

I’m heading to a dealership soon to order. I’m either trading my 2019 Navigator L Reserve or selling it to a friend who is interested. I’ve studied the order form and I’ve been trying to educate myself on the whole process. Does anyone have any suggestions?

tgara

Just be clear about what options and colors you want, and go over the order sheet very carefully. Double and Triple check it. Make sure the engine and drivetrain are correct.

Dealers are being a bit stingy with discounts, so don't expect much from the dealer himself. However, you should tell your salesman to search for and apply all the Lincoln discounts that you qualify for.

georgiagirl_1990

Just be clear about what options and colors you want, and go over the order sheet very carefully. Double and Triple check it. Make sure the engine and drivetrain are correct.

Dealers are being a bit stingy with discounts, so don't expect much from the dealer himself. However, you should tell your salesman to search for and apply all the Lincoln discounts that you qualify for.
Thanks!!

H-Town55

I placed an order for a 2022 Reserve L. I was bummed that the rear entertainment system was not available. I haven’t received anything from Lincoln via email or my dealer starting the order has been picked up. I wonder if the rear entertainment system does come available can I add it before my order is picked up. I will be calling my dealer to check. Has anyone ordered the rear entertainment system the last week or two and been able to place an order with that option?

GrussGott

I placed an order for a 2022 Reserve L. I was bummed that the rear entertainment system was not available. I haven’t received anything from Lincoln via email or my dealer starting the order has been picked up. I wonder if the rear entertainment system does come available can I add it before my order is picked up. I will be calling my dealer to check. Has anyone ordered the rear entertainment system the last week or two and been able to place an order with that option?
As I understand it, if you haven't gotten an email from Lincoln, then your order hasn't been placed (a dealer is an independent business, not Lincoln); that said I've heard email can take up to 3 days as I'm waiting for mine now!

so you might want to check on that first ...

As to rear entertainment, my understanding is its "late availability" meaning builds for September or later; however if it becomes available sooner my understanding is you can update your order until the VIN is issued.

georgiagirl_1990

I opted out of the rear entertainment. We just don’t use the one we have now and I didn’t want it to slow down delivery. When did you place your order? I placed mine today.

H-Town55

I opted out of the rear entertainment. We just don’t use the one we have now and I didn’t want it to slow down delivery. When did you place your order? I placed mine today.
I placed mine like the week before Christmas. Rear entertainment was not available at the time. When you say you opted out, was it now available on the 2022 Navigator?

I still think even if it is available the IPads may be easier and better options. I have 3 kids and one kid will be in rear seat at all time and have to share with his brother and sister. Prolly best I save the $2,500 or so and invest in new iPads.

My dealer said my build has started. I have no conforms or even order numbers. I don’t “need” the vehicle today so I’m not stressing about it. It all get here when it gets here.

georgiagirl_1990

I placed mine like the week before Christmas. Rear entertainment was not available at the time. When you say you opted out, was it now available on the 2022 Navigator?

I still think even if it is available the IPads may be easier and better options. I have 3 kids and one kid will be in rear seat at all time and have to share with his brother and sister. Prolly best I save the $2,500 or so and invest in new iPads.

My dealer said my build has started. I have no conforms or even order numbers. I don’t “need” the vehicle today so I’m not stressing about it. It all get here when it gets here.
The rear entertainment option still says “late availability”. But it is available.