Odd message

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bbf2530

Hi RH. There are normal reasons for getting these types of "Deep Sleep Mode" messages, and then problem reasons.

First, modern vehicles are far more electronic/computer/electrically dependent than in the past. So they use far more battery power, even when sitting still. All these fancy remote cell phone features use up juice each time we activate them in order to check our tire pressure, locate the vehicle, show off to our friends etc. etc...;)

A normal reason for this warning can be a vehicle that is not driven much, and the system has shut down accessory and remote features in order to save battery power. The fact it was driven this morning does not necessarily matter, if all the trips being taken are very short.
Are you regularly (or at least once in a while) driving the vehicle for 20 minutes or more (at highway speeds), to allow the battery time to recharge properly?

Also, while it is not cold for most of us yet, the colder the weather gets, the more possible/frequent these shut downs may occur. This is also all explained in our Owner Manuals...Including more situations where the "Deep Sleep Mode" may be activated.

Then there are abnormal/problem reasons, such as a defective/failing 12V battery and/or other system issues.

Then there is the possibility of a LincolnWay glitch.

Be sure to drive the vehicle for 20+ minutes at highway type speeds every once in a while (city/stop and go driving does not help), to keep the battery charged.

And this is only my brief explanation, so take a peek at your Owners Manual for a more in depth explanation of Deep Sleep Mode.

If you think there is still a problem, set up a service appointment to have it checked.

Let us know how you make out and good luck..

Last edited:

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Hi RH. There are normal reasons for getting these types of "Deep Sleep Mode" messages, and then problem reasons.

First, modern vehicles are far more electronic/computer/electrically dependent than in the past. So they use far more battery power, even when sitting still. All these fancy remote cell phone features use up juice each time we activate them in order to check our tire pressure, locate the vehicle, show off to our friends etc. etc...;)

A normal reason for this earning can be a vehicle that is not driven much, and the system has shut down accessory an remote features in order to save battery power. The fact it was driven this morning does not necessarily matter, if all the trips being taken are very short.
Are you regularly (or at least once in a while) driving the vehicle for 20 minutes or more (at highway speeds), to allow the battery time to recharge properly?

Also, while it is not cold for most of yet, the colder the weather gets, the more possible/frequent these shut downs may occur. This is also all explained in our Owner Manuals...Including more situations where the "Deep Sleep Mode" may be activated.

Then there are abnormal/problem reasons, such as a defective/failing 12V battery and/or other system issues.

Then there is the possibility of a LincolnWay glitch.

Be sure to drive the vehicle for 20+ minutes at highway type speeds every once in a while (city/stop and go driving does not help), to keep the battery charged.

And this is only my brief explanation, so take a peek at your Owners Manual for a more in depth explanation of Deep Sleep Mode.

If you think there is still a problem, set up a service appointment to have it checked.

Let us know how you make out and good luck..
Great points. I have pretty much just been driving it for short trips around town. I have been trying to let the batteries go down some as I am getting my 240V outlet installed this week and want to see how quickly it charges up.

I did read on the Lincoln website that keeping the vehicle plugged in all the time will help keep the 12V battery charged too. When I received these messages, I had the vehicle plugged in for charging so I can take the hubby out for a spin tonight. He still hasn't ridden in it.

HotrodLinkin

It is a good thing. Pretty much eliminates the need for a battery maintainer for long storage. All those power users equal enough parasitic drain to affect battery life.

SoCalDan

I was getting both of those messages while charging for the first couple days. I adjusted my notification settings so they would stop (don't want to know) and see that there are many options, seemingly in various states of functionality. I need to spend more time with the manuals... :)

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
I did read on the Lincoln website that keeping the vehicle plugged in all the time will help keep the 12V battery charged too.
Thanks for sharing your observations. With luck, I’ll pick up my GT tomorrow?! and finally get hands on.

Can you share the site/link stating the high voltage charger also charges the 12V battery? l’d planned to ask the dealer if one should keep the cord plugged in past achieving full HV charge.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Thanks for sharing your observations. With luck, I’ll pick up my GT tomorrow?! and finally get hands on.

Can you share the site/link stating the high voltage charger also charges the 12V battery? l’d planned to ask the dealer if one should keep the cord plugged in past achieving full HV charge.
It’s on the Lincoln owner website. I don’t recall where. Sorry.