Numeric key door entry

Lincolnlawyer81

I have a 2000 Lincoln I purchased it from someone who no longer had the original owners manual with the security code to change the doors. Is there any way to reset code without it costing money?

bbf2530

I have a 2000 Lincoln I purchased it from someone who no longer had the original owners manual with the security code to change the doors. Is there any way to reset code without it costing money?

Hi LL. The factory code is permanent and can not be reset. Not sure if the 2000 models had the code hidden somewhere on the vehicle (often on the passenger compartment fuse box lid)

You may need to have your local Lincoln or Ford Dealer retrieve the factory code for you. Then you can follow the Owners Manual instructions to wipe out any personal codes the previous owner/owners may have put in. But again, the factory code is permanent.

Also...you posted in the current (although recently discontinued Continental model) sub-forum. You may get a better response if you post this question in the previous, older generation, discontinued Continental sub-forum.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

Lincolnlawyer81

I recently purchased a used 2000 Lincoln Continental. I love the car but I would I could be able to use the push button door locks. There was no owners manual that came with it for me to retrieve the code is there any other way to retrieve it?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
On my 2007 Town Car the door code is stored in the DDM (Driver Door Module) and the door code is printed on that module. The module is located in the forward part of the driver door. So you just have to remove the driver door panel for access.

I understand the 2000 Continental uses the DDM module too, so the factory code should be printed on the module too. Take a picture and look for a 5 digit code, it is identified as the "Keyless code" to the right of the module identification code. See attached pic.

You could try the earlier Continental forum here: Lincoln Continental / Continental Town Car Forum to confirm the use of a DDM and how to access it.

Attachments

• TC drivers door module code.jpg
    TC drivers door module code.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 4

michaelt62

PA
1998-2002 Continental should have the code on the module shown in the pic below. The top of the module has your power window switches. You could also try Forscan to access the module to get the code.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 5