Nothing in 8 weeks

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

**NOBODY**

It has now been eight weeks since I received the email from Lincoln stating "Your 2022 Aviator Grand Touring order has been confirmed." I have heard nothing from Lincoln since. I checked with the dealership last week and they basically said it's out there and there is a chip shortage. Based on what I read before I ordered, I expected it to be in my driveway in 12 weeks. Now I don't see how that will happen. Anyone else having similar experiences?

bbf2530

It has now been eight weeks since I received the email from Lincoln stating "Your 2022 Aviator Grand Touring order has been confirmed." I have heard nothing from Lincoln since. I checked with the dealership last week and they basically said it's out there and there is a chip shortage. Based on what I read before I ordered, I expected it to be in my driveway in 12 weeks. Now I don't see how that will happen. Anyone else having similar experiences?

Hi **NOBODY**. Yes, lots of buyers are having similar experiences due to the pandemic induced commodity shortages. And this goes for all automakers and other non-automotive consumer products.

Not sure what you read or where you read it, but the current factory order wait times (which used to be ~8 weeks pre-pandemic) are often far longer than 12 weeks. In some cases, orders are on indefinite hold, if the order includes a currently unavailable feature which is on commodity hold.

Hope you get your Aviator soon, and good luck.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
I would say it seems to be fairly common as well at this point as things seem to have gotten worse from what I have seen so far. My parents have had a vehicle on order since August and their production date got moved back to January 3rd. Hopefully you will at least get an estimated build date soon but its definitely going to be a bit.

peterk9

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Going by some of the posts here, it seems that some members didn't get delivery until 4 months after the order was placed. Just check some of the posts. BTW, the Lincoln website still bears this statement; "Vehicles are built to order and available for delivery in 6-8 weeks. To find vehicles available near you now search dealer inventory by location, model, color, or features. Or have a dealer contact you." 🤣

Peter

bbf2530

Went to buy a new recliner this weekend. shley Furniture stores estimate a 2-4 month lead time on new furniture. I went to a bargain outlet place and bought one off the floor. It's everywhere.....:ROFLMAO:

Hi jkeaton. Wasn't going to bore everyone in the other thread with my recliner wait analogy, but what the heck.

You were lucky. My wife and I went to La Z Boy over a month ago to custom order a swivel/glider/rocker/recliner. The pre-pandemic wait would have been ~8 weeks. We were told to expect a ~36-40 week wait. So, we ordered and now wait. Until then, I suffer the horror and indignation of an old recliner. Ov vey! :ROFLMAO:

Good luck.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Hi jkeaton. Wasn't going to bore everyone in the other thread with my recliner wait analogy, but what the heck.

You were lucky. My wife and I went to La Z Boy over a month ago to custom order a swivel/glider/rocker/recliner. The pre-pandemic wait would have been ~8 weeks. We were told to expect a ~36-40 week wait. So, we ordered and now wait. Until then, I suffer the horror and indignation of an old recliner. Ov vey! :ROFLMAO:

Good luck.
By that time it'll be out of fashion. Time to order a new one already.

BrianRetired

I ordered my 2022 Aviator on 9/4 and it was originally to be delivered 12/22ish. Then 1/1. Now it’s 1/4. The Lincoln Tracking website doesn’t seem to work all the time and it’s frustrating getting updated info.

Last edited:

BrianRetired

Good luck.
We bought a $2000 La Z Boy powered sofa w/USB a year ago and it isn’t worth the wait to own. Showed issues right away. Think the company isn’t what it once was. Sold it for near nothing recently and got another sofa made in USA. Think it through.

bbf2530

We bought a $2000 La Z Boy powered sofa w/USB a year ago and it isn’t worth the wait to own. Showed issues right away. Think the company isn’t what it once was. Sold it for near nothing recently and got another sofa made in USA. Think it through.

Hi BrianRetired. Boy, are we getting off topic here. I knew I should have kept my shopping experiences to myself. 🙃

We have had good results with our La Z Boy products in the past. No power...no USB...just nice, simple recliners. :geek:
And unfortunately, there will always be unhappy owners of any product, as some of the threads here on the Lincoln Forums can attest to. ;)

But thanks for the heads up about your personal experience.

Hope you have better luck with your Lincoln and good luck.