Not staying logged in

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
In my login information the "stay logged in" box is selected but is not working. It used to work on the changeover to the new software but now does not. Can this be corrected or is there a reason for the change?
Hmm... I think you may need to clear your buickforums.com cache and cookies - restart your browser - and then log back in. It SHOULD work then...

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hmm... I think you may need to clear your buickforums.com cache and cookies - restart your browser - and then log back in. It SHOULD work then...
Hi Sal,
While I thought it worked but in fact it did not. I cleared everything (ALL setting) several times this week and while it worked for other similar forums it does not work for this one. The signin box clears my credentials as expected (after clearing browsing data and restarting browser) and I login and it works for that session of browser usage. When I restart my browser and load the site my credentials are there and I signin ok. I never have a problem with my phone access, it works as expected every time.

What I notice is the two line banner in red talking about the GDPR needs me to agree, but there is only an X that allows me to clear the banner. I am prepared to agree to the GDPR but I cannot see anything that allows me to do it. I suspect that is where my problem is, if I could agree to the GDPR then I could automatically login.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong since I seem to be the only one with this problem?

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal,
While I thought it worked but in fact it did not. I cleared everything (ALL setting) several times this week and while it worked for other similar forums it does not work for this one. The signin box clears my credentials as expected (after clearing browsing data and restarting browser) and I login and it works for that session of browser usage. When I restart my browser and load the site my credentials are there and I signin ok. I never have a problem with my phone access, it works as expected every time.

What I notice is the two line banner in red talking about the GDPR needs me to agree, but there is only an X that allows me to clear the banner. I am prepared to agree to the GDPR but I cannot see anything that allows me to do it. I suspect that is where my problem is, if I could agree to the GDPR then I could automatically login.

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong since I seem to be the only one with this problem?
Okay, I removed the GDPR message - but I have a feeling that's not going to help... When you browse the site - are you doing so from a WWW or non-WWW address?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Okay, I removed the GDPR message - but I have a feeling that's not going to help... When you browse the site - are you doing so from a WWW or non-WWW address?
I no longer see the GDPR message and you are right it didn't correct the problem.

Here is the link to your site: Lincoln Continental Forum
Here is my link to this post: Not staying logged in so it is a non WWW. But if I add WWW then it just converts back to the secure https without the www. On a snowblower forum that I use the link is: Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums so it contains the www and works perfectly all the time, as did your site before the software change.

My phone also uses the non www address and that works perfectly all the time. I only use my phone to access your site, no other forums.

Should I re-configure my setup somehow?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Sal,

I looked at other login sites that I use. Netflix is secure with www, as mentioned Snowblower site is secure with www, Blue Oval ford site is not secure at all and does not have www, Lincoln SYNC site for updates to SYNC3 is the same as this forum secure but no www, a credit card account is secure and has the www, my home heating account is secure and has the www.

So the site addresses are most commonly secure with a www except for this site and the Lincoln manufacturers web site.

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
I no longer see the GDPR message and you are right it didn't correct the problem.

Here is the link to your site: Lincoln Continental Forum
Here is my link to this post: Not staying logged in so it is a non WWW. But if I add WWW then it just converts back to the secure https without the www. On a snowblower forum that I use the link is: Snowblower Forum : Snow Blower Forums so it contains the www and works perfectly all the time, as did your site before the software change.

My phone also uses the non www address and that works perfectly all the time. I only use my phone to access your site, no other forums.

Should I re-configure my setup somehow?
I really can't imagine what the problem could be. If you were using www, that would be an issue because we're set-up for non-www... But you're using the non-www - so everything should be working properly...

Even before the software change, we were using non-www for the site...

When you last cleared your cache and cookies - did it work for a while and then stop working again?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I really can't imagine what the problem could be. If you were using www, that would be an issue because we're set-up for non-www... But you're using the non-www - so everything should be working properly...

Even before the software change, we were using non-www for the site...

When you last cleared your cache and cookies - did it work for a while and then stop working again?
Hi Sal,
In answer to your question (red text) I think that may have been the initial case since I thought it was fixed, but then I noticed that it was not working. So I did a few (about 4) browsing data deletions and saw that your site did not work still but others did work normally.

I am using the same link to access the new software as the old so it makes sense that neither contain the www.

You are busy so don't spend more time on me. It is not that much of an inconvenience to press the signin button each access.

Take care,
Art

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal,
In answer to your question (red text) I think that may have been the initial case since I thought it was fixed, but then I noticed that it was not working. So I did a few (about 4) browsing data deletions and saw that your site did not work still but others did work normally.

I am using the same link to access the new software as the old so it makes sense that neither contain the www.

You are busy so don't spend more time on me. It is not that much of an inconvenience to press the signin button each access.

Take care,
Art
Thank you, but I really wish things would just work as they should. You can't be the only person having this problem... I just can't figure out what could be causing it...

I have a funny feeling this issue might be resolved with the next update to either the software - or the style we're using... Stay tuned...

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi Sal,

No it does not work. I cleared all my browsing data for All. I logged into your site and entered my credentials and signed in. Google asked to save my credentials and it did. I opened a second site for this forum and it signed in automatically.

I cleared Google and restarted and it required a new sign in which Google filled in for me.

Sorry it didn't work, but thanks for trying.

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal,

No it does not work. I cleared all my browsing data for All. I logged into your site and entered my credentials and signed in. Google asked to save my credentials and it did. I opened a second site for this forum and it signed in automatically.

I cleared Google and restarted and it required a new sign in which Google filled in for me.

Sorry it didn't work, but thanks for trying.
:( Sorry. I think we're going to have to wait for the next upgrade. It should be coming very soon...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML