Noisy door checks?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Jrn4161

Hi All,

I have a 21 Navigator. So far, no issues with the vehicle other than a software problem that prevented me from using satellite radio, which is now fixed.

Recently, I noticed a sort of clicking sound when I open or close the front doors. The noise is not coming from the hinges, but the door check mechanism. A quick Google search shows this is a fairly common issue on F-Series trucks. Not a huge deal, but it is noticeable from time to time.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.

vipersinu2

Hi All,

I have a 21 Navigator. So far, no issues with the vehicle other than a software problem that prevented me from using satellite radio, which is now fixed.

Recently, I noticed a sort of clicking sound when I open or close the front doors. The noise is not coming from the hinges, but the door check mechanism. A quick Google search shows this is a fairly common issue on F-Series trucks. Not a huge deal, but it is noticeable from time to time.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this.
My doors constantly click. Sounds so cheap!

Jrn4161

My doors constantly click. Sounds so cheap!

Thanks for the videos! Exact same noise as mine. Others besides us two have to be experiencing this.

What’s concerning is my Navigator only have 3500 miles and it is not driven daily! So it’s not like the doors are opened excessively.

Wonder if there is a permanent fix/remedy.