Lincoln Forums Navigation:

No start on 2008 TC July 7

Dieselyeti

Trumbull CT
Thread starter #1
Hey all,
My TC died at the gas station and I'm trying to figure out the cause. Normal start at home, and after 5 minute ride to the gas station shut it down. After gassing up all I get is a single click. (No constant clicking like a low battery) No bad fuses that I can see and minimal crud on the pos terminal. It wouldn't take a jump so my guess is starter or solenoid. Maybe when it cools it might start? How big a PITA is replacing a starter on these cars?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum.

The solenoid is part of the starter motor so a new starter fixes both problems. Often the solenoid has bad contacts that can be intermittent.

The starter is fairly easy to replace since it has 2 bolts that are easy to access. Much earlier models had 3 bolts and one was difficult.

Good luck.

Dieselyeti

Trumbull CT
Thread starter #3
Welcome to the Forum.

The solenoid is part of the starter motor so a new starter fixes both problems. Often the solenoid has bad contacts that can be intermittent.

The starter is fairly easy to replace since it has 2 bolts that are easy to access. Much earlier models had 3 bolts and one was difficult.

Good luck.
Thanks Town. I hope it starts tonight when it's cool. I might bring a hammer along to rap on the housing to free it up. At any rate I'm off to the auto parts store tomorrow for a new one.

Dieselyeti

Trumbull CT
Thread starter #4
Well, $80 later I'm back on the road with a reman starter. There are three bolts - the top bolt on the starter was kind of a PITA to reach but it wasn't a tough job overall.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML