Newest Lincoln Commercial

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
Looks like Phoebe found the Lincoln Sanctuary. Definitely a case to keep the Continental around, and do some gosh darn advertising.

The "While I would highly recommend the sedan as a primary vehicle, only for shoppers in warmer climates. No ice. No snow. No potholes." comment was really dumb, though. Detroit sounds like it would trash that Mercedes of her's, just the same.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
After reading her article I wondered why the sales in China were so great as compared to in the US. She suggested that they recognized the Conti and the American market did not. Could be the ads here were not that great. She likes and needed a status vehicle and enjoys the concierge service that it gets.
Then why was she driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee? She never said which Grand Cherokee she had The Summit has almost every upscale options. There were no bad comments on the vehicle just the service she gets on her Jeep.
The Lincoln was there but even she did not choose it. Maybe she did not know it existed. Again the advertising did not get her attention!
The sales to date ( July for 2017 )were 7222 , in 2018 sales to date (July) were 4457.

Last edited:

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
I have seen the commercial at least 15 times over this weekend. I hope that it is being noticed by potential buyers. I think it is the best commercial ever for the Lincoln brand. I hope the great ads continue.

jhartz

They just hired a new ad agency: maybe more good ads like this one. FORD has always been a player on the NFL game day ads (and ESPN talking heads fore and aft): let's see what they bring. But I would expect this ad at least once each game: I guess the kid shaving and putting pretty shoes on his skinny feet didn't work for Lincoln.

jhartz

So - - lots of Lincoln ads on both CBS and Fox yesterday during the football games. Same incredibly stupid Lego ad for MkC (or whatever it is called) over and over. Seriously Ford marketing, lego men building streets with their hats bumping up and down sells cars? What is wrong with you people -- little kids don't buy cars. And the closest we got to a Continental ad was the grill is the same . . . .

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
So - - lots of Lincoln ads on both CBS and Fox yesterday during the football games. Same incredibly stupid Lego ad for MkC (or whatever it is called) over and over. Seriously Ford marketing, lego men building streets with their hats bumping up and down sells cars? What is wrong with you people -- little kids don't buy cars. And the closest we got to a Continental ad was the grill is the same . . . .
Chuckle...That Lego dude is the Construction Icon in the Waze App. It was sad that all Lincoln could pitch in that ad was the MKC can connect to a smartphone app. There was no mention that the Sync 3 Navigation with Travel Link/Traffic Link does the same thing. Absolutely stupid.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
I agree. Even my briother is definitely a Ford persona , called me and told me to check the stupid ads by Lincoln.
It’s no wonder the Lincoln isn’t a great sales leader.
Ford was supposed to hire an ad firm for a temporary time. I hope this is not the result of the temp team. They should be replaced.
I also would hope that Lincoln monitors this forum and can get the real reactions to what they are doing .

jhartz

What sells Continental: valets dropping off a gorgeous car, with a pretty grill in front of a wealthy couple (at any age) at a very expensive restaurant or hotel. Work the customer: nobody old enough or secure enough worries WAZE. We want to feel good about who and where we are. Hey LINCOLN, pay attention to your customer base.

Back in the day (this is a repeat of an old rant), pull into any expensive restaurant, hotel, or country club parking lot in Phoenix, Southern CA, or Florida, half of the cars were white Lincolns and Mercury Marquis: today, bunch of German junk, and Lexus RX 350s (the car of choice for widows).

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
Just like jhartz stated a while back.

[Advert pitch] Business type taking a client out to lunch. Client enters the car.

"What is [this]?" "Man [this] is beautiful; cost a lot?"

"It's a Continental [Nautilus, Cosair, etc]."

[Optional Voice Command Sequence]

[Beep, Beep] "I'm Hungry"

Business type asks client "Where would you like to eat?"

Point is, any of this 100 times better than a WAZE plug.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
This is what salespeople were told about persons interested in the Continental. Click to enlarge.
1537538392822.jpeg

Last edited:

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
Maybe Lincoln should forward the talking points of Connecting with the Luxury Client to their advertising / marketing group. Even Mcconaughey's Continental advert spot only grazed the Quiet Luxury point.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
As I said on post #29 , I agree that Lincoln should be monitoring this and all forums about Lincoln’s current models.
Cadillac does monitor several forums and occasionally does respond. I also hope they see what Cadillac is doing to increase the “younger” drivers sales. Personally I would like a Lincoln -V.

jhartz

Years ago, Land Rover used to monitor the LR3 forums (both UK based, as well as US). Had a problem: almost instant answer to take it to the dealer: "We have a fix, mate!" But those were early technical issues with some bleeding edge technology that is now old hat: electric parking brakes, six speeds, transmission control for various road conditions, etc. Today's problem with this car is marketing . . .

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
I like the ‘key demographics” from post #32.
I would even like to see the return of the Lincoln Mark truck. Since the F150 is doing so well how about a dressed up version. I recently saw one at a garden center and I spoke with the original owner. They were so proud to have the truck and have had many people who wanted to buy it from them at a substantial profit over what it is worth. No one ever offered me anything to buy my Continental.

Ico

Lincoln is working hard to kill the stigma that the vehicles are "rebadged Fords". There is no way to differentiate a Lincoln pickup from its Ford counterpart besides lipstick. The Limited is already well appointed and will be even better with the 2021 F-150 refresh.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
In the first test Lincoln could not get many interested in the subscription service. Those who signed up opted out after 2 months.
Again, the advertising of the vehicles is not working. Lincoln should do better in order to compete in today’s market. The appeal to the drivers that want a subscription service is not being met. Subscription service replaces ownership or leasing of vehicles. Obviously a younger market!

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Apparently Ford does not really have a great interest in Lincoln
Read this : released 10/09/2018
Ford, following a five-month review of its advertising efforts, said BBDO will replace longtime partner WPP as its lead creative ad agency. WPP will retain a role in what Ford calls a new multi-agency advertising model. WPP will continue to lead advertising efforts for Lincoln.
After the review Ford will keep the ad firm that makes the Continental so great that it is in demand by customers. The ad company did a great job when?
I guess that’s why the Continental is disappearing!

HTML