Newest Lincoln Commercial

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Just got to see the latest commercial from Lincoln. Does not show but 2 cars on the road. I think they are playing car tag. But what caught me was the song “Havana “ by Camila Cabello. I noticed it also caught some younger adults to stop and look.
If only Lincoln would have done something like this sooner maybe all Lincoln sales would not be so low!

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
No problem. I was quite pleased that Lincoln was pitching their non Black Label trims. Granted, they are fully loaded Reserves, but nice, never the less. It's good to get that age group down (Like me, two years ago).

Attachments

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Is it too little too late? Remember Cadillac did it with the CTS and then with others in the stable. The V series also helped to get the age lowered. All of their commercials are flashy and are targeted to that market. Cadillacs are not inexpensive cars but whatever they did worked. I think Lincoln can still go after the luxury market but should include the younger age group.

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
Lincoln needs to get a little more share of the Ford advert funds, I mean, just how many people are *not* aware of the F-150? And, yet it gets 90% of the commercials. Lincoln needs to keep the 2 campaigns:

1. Quiet, Understated Luxury
2. Unexpected Performance

While the 22 and 30 Way Seats are a technological marvel, this commercial was a meaningless waste of time and money for *new* market gain:

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I have the 24 position seats and they are fabulous. That advertisement draws attention to a great feature of the Continental in both your categories at the same time. When there are so few Continental advertisements this one works. Performance luxury seats from Lincoln, who would have thought. And they even look spectacular.

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
They are absolutely fabulous, and even the 10 Way are more comfortable than 99.999% of the competition. Yet, there is no way a commercial will be able to convey this. Very much like, I have no way to convince you that *I* found the 10 Way a small amount more comfortable than the 22 Way (Not massaging, that is).

Anyhow, being of the 40-50 demographics, I found the MKX/MKZ commercial far more interesting. That might be my MKX bias ;)

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
But how many seat commercials are of interest to younger drivers. If they advertise Recaro seats maybe that could draw attention, but there is nothing else but the wonderful Recaro seats. If I may say the seat commercial probably appeals to an older audience. Personally I felt the woman in the seat looked like she was in a stupor or something. Matthew in his commercials was trying to show refinement which appealed to whom? Youth likes the total info package just check the other car commercials.
Which car is Ford keeping? The name Cadillac is synonymous with ........

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
The Aviator should really get people into the showroom. Close to 400hp coupled with the Hybrid motor for ~40MPG will pique some interest. I hope Lincoln tells Blue Oval to kick rocks on ditching the Continental and the Zephyr. I personally am not a sedan person, but the Zephyr is a nice entry level luxury sedan and Continental needs to be the flagship, not the Navigator.

jhartz

Navigator ad reminds me of Land Rover ads from ten years ago: leaves a message that the truck is pretty configurable for any purpose.

But, they should be pushing the Continental as the upscale answer. There is a market for folks 55 and older who don't want nor need a truck. To leave the market to Lexus and the germans is poor business.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Navigator ad reminds me of Land Rover ads from ten years ago: leaves a message that the truck is pretty configurable for any purpose.

But, they should be pushing the Continental as the upscale answer. There is a market for folks 55 and older who don't want nor need a truck. To leave the market to Lexus and the germans is poor business.
And then there’s CADILLAC,

jhartz

So I pull into my local Advanced Auto to buy a sunshade that will fit that huge window: everybody in the store comes out to look at the car: "What is it?" "Man that is beautiful; cost a lot?" Local guy is giving them away on lease, is my response.

The car has been on the market for two years and car people don't know what it is: as an old business development guy (satellites), I would suggest FORD hire some new marketing and ad folks and fund the campaign aggressively. Most nights, I see the Rogue ad twenty times, the Toyota ad twice that -- never a Ford ad. Probably more come football season, maybe.

Using Florida as my home of record for years and visiting my folks: it always struck me that just about everybody was driving a TownCar or a Marquis, always white (reflects the Florida sun). Parking lots at the Mall and Country Clubs were full of them. Tells me there is a market being abandoned. And this Lincoln is as well built as any of my Jags and better than my BMWs (8 since 1969), and far better than my Cadillac.

mkx_wanders

Kalifornia
Indeed. Someone asked me what kind of car I had, and I simply said "MKX". He then responded, "Is that a Jeep?". [Raised Eyebrow]

I suspect there are only 2 known Lincolns out there. The Navigator and the TownCar.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
The latest report is that Ford wants to separate the Ford from the Lincoln in about 30 luxury market areas. They will suggest building separate Lincoln stores. They think Lincoln has developed a presence .

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Most of the Lincoln dealers around here are combination Ford and Lincoln. My local dealership also owns Mercedes and BMW stand alone. But there is no room to seoarte the Ford and Lincoln at this location. They do not have Black Label cars maybe they will in the future.

jhartz

Great article on the 2018 LC in the Detroit Free Press yesterday.

Forget the body massage, Lincoln Continental drives like buttah

PHOEBE WALL HOWARD | DETROIT FREE PRESS | 7:00 am EDT August 18, 2018

HTML