New Software Update

rjabend

I just installed Version SYNC3 v3.4.21020, which appears to have been released on 1 May. I am not sure what was updated in the software, but it took twice as long as the last one which was a while back, so I suspect this one may be more extensive. It could be my imagination, but the touchscreen now seems more precise. I couldn't find the details of what was updated and it would be nice if Lincoln provided that.

PS - I checked the file size and it is more than twice the size of the last one.

Last edited:

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I agree. It would be nice to know if any improvement or bug fixes are addressed in these updates. Seems Lincoln does not like to ever own up to the fact that software evolves due to bad previous versions.

WKDANI

I tried updating over the air. No success. I downloaded the update to a USB drive and installed it to my 2021 Reserve Two and it updated. Screen response is greatly improved!!! Move news to come.

rjabend

Does your Sirius Radio still work? I had to send my Sirius a reset over the air to get it working again.

There was also a minor glitch where my Intelligent Cruise wouldn't activate, but going into the Driver Assistance menu seemed to correct the problem.

Last edited:

WKDANI

SiriusXM stopped working. I call Linclon and he told me to turn on the radio and push the radio power button and then the right seek button. The screen when black and then it SiriusXM started working. It was like rebooting a PC. I had to do it 3 times and now it seams to work. I haven’t drove the Aviator more then 5 miles today.

rjabend

In my case, Sirius sent me a link to reset over the air and it worked the 1st time.

StuartSmith

I just installed Version SYNC3 v3.4.21020, which appears to have been released on 1 May. I am not sure what was updated in the software, but it took twice as long as the last one which was a while back, so I suspect this one may be more extensive. It could be my imagination, but the touchscreen now seems more precise. I couldn't find the details of what was updated and it would be nice if Lincoln provided that.

PS - I checked the file size and it is more than twice the size of the last one.
How long does it take to update via USB? 2020 Aviator Black Label

WKDANI

Same here. 20 to 30 minutes.

StuartSmith

Thanks. After asking I started the update and it took 12 minutes. It gave a message that it was complete. I hope so. Also, after the update it does seem that the screen is more responsive.

rjabend

Thanks. After asking I started the update and it took 12 minutes. It gave a message that it was complete. I hope so. Also, after the update it does seem that the screen is more responsive.
Time may be model & accessories dependant.

Last edited:

bbf2530

Hi Stuart. No need to hope and wonder. You can check your current SYNC version in your SYNC settings.

Let us know how you make out nnd good luck.

StuartSmith

It reads SYNC3 v3.4.21020, so I guess it is current.

rjabend

Hi Stuart. No need to hope and wonder. You can check your current SYNC version in your SYNC settings.

Let us know how you make out nnd good luck.
You could be right, but it would be dependent on how the software is configured, such as when the version # is updated within the install, error messaging, checksums, Etc. I would probably try a repeat USB install & see what happens to add assurance.

bbf2530

It reads SYNC3 v3.4.21020, so I guess it is current.

Hi Stuart. Also...remember to return to the Lincoln SYNC 3 update site, and follow the instructions to notify Lincoln of your successful SYNC update. That is the final update step.

Good luck.

rjabend

I believe I am seeing an improvement in the Dynamic Suspension post update, but my obseravtions are very subjective and I would appreciate inputs from others with that option. Thanks.