New Owner

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

rwagoner

My wife has been looking at a Corsair for a while; my son being rear-ended in her 2008 Buick Enclave allowed it to happen when insurance decided a car that old with 180,000 miles wasn't worth fixing ...

We didn't get a "fancy" one, but the Corsair Standard we got is a blast. Still learning the features and settings. Apparently ours does not have the phone as a key feature, but it sure drives nice. And the stereo sounds nice. Anyway, I figured I better join the forum. Always nice meeting other owners and finding out good information.

Richard

syl

Welcome to the club! Folks will certainly want to know which model year you bought, what colour, what optional features, and of course, from time to time, your thoughts about the car.

Corsair Standard does not have phone as a key available. It's not something I miss in mine.

I considered a Buick (Envision) when shopping ... seems like so long ago, but it was early in 2020, just before all of the covid madness really took hold.

In the end the Corsair was an easy choice (and truth be told, the Buick never actually got a close look).

rwagoner

Welcome to the club! Folks will certainly want to know which model year you bought, what colour, what optional features, and of course, from time to time, your thoughts about the car.

Corsair Standard does not have phone as a key available. It's not something I miss in mine.

I considered a Buick (Envision) when shopping ... seems like so long ago, but it was early in 2020, just before all of the covid madness really took hold.

In the end the Corsair was an easy choice (and truth be told, the Buick never actually got a close look).
Thanks for the welcome! We got a 2021 Standard AWD in "Red Carpet" paint and "Soft Touch Sandstone" interior. The only options are the 18" wheels ("BRT MACH ALUM WHL DK TARN" on the sticker), the mini spare, Convenience Package, and a set of locking lug nuts.

I had rented a Ford Escape when the Enclave was being evaluated for repair and had rented one a while back when I was in Iowa for a swim meet my son was in. Both times I was impressed, and I was actually looking to buy an Escape SEL that was supposed to arrive at the dealer we were talking with. It was the only AWD SEL available that I could find anywhere in the area. My wife and I went to look at it when we THOUGHT it was going to be there, and it turned out it hadn't arrived yet.

But my wife had perviously looked at Corsairs, and I had to agree, it is a beautiful car. While the dealer didn't have the Escape, they DID have this Corsair - a dealer service loaner and demo, so while no one locally is dealing on price at all (and some are charging over sticker), due to this one having some miles (about 4800) we got a slight discount and a rebate. And it is beautiful.

I can't believe the interior is not real leather! It is impressive. It is also very nice having some extra space in the garage.

Flatsfish

My wife has been looking at a Corsair for a while; my son being rear-ended in her 2008 Buick Enclave allowed it to happen when insurance decided a car that old with 180,000 miles wasn't worth fixing ...

We didn't get a "fancy" one, but the Corsair Standard we got is a blast. Still learning the features and settings. Apparently ours does not have the phone as a key feature, but it sure drives nice. And the stereo sounds nice. Anyway, I figured I better join the forum. Always nice meeting other owners and finding out good information.

Richard
Welcome. Corsair is an excellent vehicle. We also have the red color. Great colorđź‘Ť

easyrider

Welcome to the forum, Richard.
I too own the (21) Corsair Standard model, (SILVER) although it does have the Navigation package as well as a full-size spare tire. : )

All the best with your new Lincoln.

JB IN AZ

Welcome to the forum, Richard.
I too own the (21) Corsair Standard model, (SILVER) although it does have the Navigation package as well as a full-size spare tire. : )

All the best with your new Lincoln.
I didn't realize there was a FULL size spare tire option. I'm ok as long as I have a spare, but my last car did not, and I was ok with that as well. LOL... never needed it.

AND I'm not about to change a flat tire any more anyway!

easyrider

I didn't realize there was a FULL size spare tire option. I'm ok as long as I have a spare, but my last car did not, and I was ok with that as well. LOL... never needed it.

AND I'm not about to change a flat tire any more anyway!
I agree, I hope to give a call into Lincoln Roadside Assistance should that occur.
I'm actually glad my vehicle just happened to come with a full-size tire simply because I've been told the can Flat fix product offered doesn't exactly work well with rubber, and causes issues with the tire pressure sensor from my understanding.
I could be incorrect on both accounts as I don't have first-hand knowledge in that regard.
Hopefully, like you, I won't need either.

syl

Thanks for the welcome! We got a 2021 Standard AWD in "Red Carpet" paint and "Soft Touch Sandstone" interior. The only options are the 18" wheels ("BRT MACH ALUM WHL DK TARN" on the sticker), the mini spare, Convenience Package, and a set of locking lug nuts.
You bought almost the same car I have (mine is a 2020 Standard AWD, with 18" wheels, trailer package, and a few additional options. Mini spare wasn't considered an option last year ...) I suspect the wheels are different, but I also have a second set (different again, I'm sure) for snow tires. Great colour combination, Red Carpet with Sandstone interior.
I can't believe the interior is not real leather! It is impressive.
I have a similar reaction. I would have *wanted* leather upholstery, but that would have required an (in my opinion) overpriced package that included the giant sunroof and 20" wheels, both of which I preferred not to have. I'm quite pleased with the feel of the genuine imitation nauga hide ...
It is also very nice having some extra space in the garage.
Ha! I had to completely reorganize my (admitedly tiny) garage, and build a garden shed, to be able to get the Corsair into the garage!

rwagoner

Was the mini spare an option vs NO spare, or did they replace the full-size spare that would have come with it? Of course, I haven't used a spare much ... once in the 2008 Enclave, NEVER in the 1999 Silverado. Tires are much better today!

syl

Was the mini spare an option vs NO spare, or did they replace the full-size spare that would have come with it?
Mini spare was a standard feature. It hadn't occurred to me to enquire whether a full-size spare might have been an option. Mini spare has been used once: when the dealership mounted my winter tires last year (on a separate set of rims, so the seasonal swap is easy), they messed up on one of the valve stems. It was an opportunity to test the tire-pressure monitoring system, which worked as advertized. The car warned me that the tire was losing pressure before it was too late. The dealership were very quick to correct the mistake, and that really doesn't affect my overall sense that this dealership is one of the good ones.

JB IN AZ

On my '21 Reserve it shows as a separate option on the window sticker: "17 mini spare wheel w/tire $150".

Apparently, yet another thing Lincoln decontented on the '21 models.

In April this year, I needed a car quickly, this was the only Corsair the dealer had on the lot, and it meet most of my needs. The car that was replaced did not even have a spare tire.