New Lincoln BEVs Coming in 2025

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

RedHoncho

Aug 20, 2021
Marysville, Ohio
According to Automotive News, there are 3 new Lincoln BEVs coming in 2025. This will be in addition to the PHEV Aviator and Corsair.

Lincoln Corsair-E: Brand executives plan to add a battery-electric variant of the Corsair crossover, which forecasting firm AutoForecast Solutions has said will be called the Corsair-E, in 2025. It's scheduled to be built at Ford's Oakville Assembly Plant in Canada.

Lincoln electric small crossover: Lincoln will launch another C-segment EV, currently known by the program code CX802, in 2025 from Oakville Assembly. It's unclear whether the vehicle, expected to be sold in multiple global markets, will be a new nameplate or a variation of the Corsair EV.

Lincoln electric midsize crossover: Lincoln plans to replace the Nautilus with an electric midsize crossover, currently referred to as CDX818, but it's unclear whether it will carry the same name. The EV is scheduled to debut in 2025 and come from Oakville Assembly.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT, Infinite Black, Black/Cashew interior, all the other bells and whistles except towing
Excellent strategy in my book. I would love an all EV Corsair. I have the 22 GT I just got in January but by 2026 I may want to go all EV at that point. Exciting.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT, Infinite Black, Black/Cashew interior, all the other bells and whistles except towing
According to Automotive News, there are 3 new Lincoln BEVs coming in 2025. This will be in addition to the PHEV Aviator and Corsair.

Lincoln Corsair-E: Brand executives plan to add a battery-electric variant of the Corsair crossover, which forecasting firm AutoForecast Solutions has said will be called the Corsair-E, in 2025. It's scheduled to be built at Ford's Oakville Assembly Plant in Canada.

Lincoln electric small crossover: Lincoln will launch another C-segment EV, currently known by the program code CX802, in 2025 from Oakville Assembly. It's unclear whether the vehicle, expected to be sold in multiple global markets, will be a new nameplate or a variation of the Corsair EV.

Lincoln electric midsize crossover: Lincoln plans to replace the Nautilus with an electric midsize crossover, currently referred to as CDX818, but it's unclear whether it will carry the same name. The EV is scheduled to debut in 2025 and come from Oakville Assembly.

I wonder if Lincoln changes its mind on manufacturing in Canada for EVs due to the new law offering EV tax rebates. I thought they had to be made in the US and have battery components based in the US. Maybe it's North America (so Mexico and Canada count)?

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair 2.3 and 2022 Corsair GT
I wonder if Lincoln changes its mind on manufacturing in Canada for EVs due to the new law offering EV tax rebates. I thought they had to be made in the US and have battery components based in the US. Maybe it's North America (so Mexico and Canada count)?
The key here is that the plants are simply assembly plants for the final product. The automotive manufacturing industry in North America is so integrated that it is be very, very difficult to define "Built in America" for these vehicles. For instance, components may cross borders multiple times while being manufactured. Just because the final assembly is in the US, it doesn't define the overall component content as all American. I think the biggest issue is ensuring the US has the ongoing ability to manufacture and supply the automotive sector with all the EV components (i.e.battery) without being held hostage by external political whims. So, hopefully, the parameters surrounding the rebate program will take all of this into consideration (besides, I'm sure the Ford/Lincoln executive machine would lobby to make sure their vehicles qualify).

RedHoncho

Aug 20, 2021
Marysville, Ohio
Yesterday, it was reported Oakville Assembly Plant will only be making the EV Ford Explorer and EV Lincoln Aviator. There were originally 3 other EVs that were slated for that plant. However, it was determined just those two vehicles will have enough volume to keep the plant running. The other 3 EVs are supposedly still slated to be produced but their assembly sites have yet to be announced.

I believe all automakers have been blindsided by how quickly an EV model's production is sold out almost as soon as the order banks open. This has been evidenced first by the Mustang Mach E followed by the F150 Lightning.

I think current ICE only vehicle plants will be retrofitted to produce both ICE and EV vehicles and eventually transition to EV only.

I also think the next few years will continue to see supply chain issues for chips as EVs use more of them and for batteries until the new plants are up and running at full capacity.

FordLincoln

Mar 18, 2011
My Lincoln
2020 Aviator, 2021 Nautilus
Horrible news - I don't care if they start an electric vehicle line, but why phase out the Nautilus - it is GREAT car. Typical Lincoln - they make a wonderful car and then discontinue it!!

At this point in my life, I am doubtful that I will EVER purchase an electric vehicle. They cost too much, look like an electric car and there is NO infrastructure for them.

Action

Aug 12, 2005
Phoenix, AZ 85008-1418
Everything about electric technology is more expensive that using an internal combustion engine. EVERYTHING! From start to finish

On the microchip front, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing is building a 5.6 million square foot chip plant. First parts of that plant will be up and producing in 2024. The $12 billion dollar project should employ 1600 people.

Not to be left out, Intel is building two more chip making fabrication plants in Chandler AZ. Spending $20 billion.

Meanwhile I am munching on Doritos

Action

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
Horrible news - I don't care if they start an electric vehicle line, but why phase out the Nautilus - it is GREAT car. Typical Lincoln - they make a wonderful car and then discontinue it!!

At this point in my life, I am doubtful that I will EVER purchase an electric vehicle. They cost too much, look like an electric car and there is NO infrastructure for them.
I think it all depends on where you live. East Coast and West Coast seem to be where the most EVs are located and where networks are plentiful. Tesla just opened their super chargers to non-Tesla EVs thanks to the Biden administration work with Teslas to get that done. As the years move on greater investment in networks will happen. Lots of money is getting poured into infrastructure.