• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

New Information showed up on dashboard

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

JimmyV

May 12, 2022
My Lincoln
2002 Continental
The purchased the vehicle 4-5 years ago. The other day I accidentally left the ignition key on and my battery drained overnight...got not even a click out of the starter. I jumped the car, got it started, and charged it overnight.

When I drove the car...for the first time above the odometer appeared "350 Miles until empty." I love that info and wish I had had it all along. Obviously the battery issue may have moved some settings back to default but I can't find anything in my manual about this display. Can anyone explain what may have occurred. Thanks.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
The purchased the vehicle 4-5 years ago. The other day I accidentally left the ignition key on and my battery drained overnight...got not even a click out of the starter. I jumped the car, got it started, and charged it overnight.

When I drove the car...for the first time above the odometer appeared "350 Miles until empty." I love that info and wish I had had it all along. Obviously the battery issue may have moved some settings back to default but I can't find anything in my manual about this display. Can anyone explain what may have occurred. Thanks.

Hi Jimmy. What may have occurred? I have no idea. However, it is a normal readout, so not sure why it was missing before. It may be a configurable setting in the Continental (you don't mention your model year).

Your guess that the battery drain caused some return to default settings is as good as any.

Let us know and good luck.

flaokie

Dec 2, 2017
Get yourself a PDF copy of the owners manual off of ebay.
You can get one for your exact year for just a few bucks.
This will try to explain the "unique" message center operation. There is a DTE.ECON button in there somewhere. If you have a drivers select setup that means there can be different settings for two different drivers. The manual says the DTE will beep when you get down to 25 miles and 10 miles.
I don't use any of this crap - including the annoying seat belt noise maker. I turned all of it off when I bought the car.