• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

New Guy with New 2003 Town Car Executive Questions . . .

ScatCat

Hello everyone!
I just bought an '03 TC Exceutive, with original 77,231 miles, from a long time buddy, who bought it in 2015 with 55,000 original miles, from the original owner (you guessed it . . a little old lady who only drove it around town).

When my pal bought it he set the side view mirrors and hasn't touched them since. They were stuck. I jiggled the switch a bit and got them to move some but then they got stuck. They will not adjust at all now. Any ideas on this? Spray some contact cleaner down into the switch?

The rear windows were stuck also . . . he said he never used the rear windows. I found the door slam trick here on this forum and it worked great to free them up! I bought some window track lube and am going to put that on when we get some decent weather here.

I'd like to get a shop manual on this car. There's a couple on eBay now but they are for the "LS" model. Is the Executive covered in this factory manual or does the Executive have its own separate manual?

How about those Haynes manuals? Are they very useful?

Thanks for your time and help!

kingoftoys

Spokane, Wa.
You want the factory repair manual for a 2003 Lincoln Town Car. It may take some looking, but one should come available. If you are in a hurry, I would look at a few more years, maybe 2004 or 2005. Don't go older as 2003 was the first year of some major changes. Hope this helps.

ScatCat

Got my manuals, they are like brand new!

Where can I find a OEM parts list/diagram manual with Ford/Lincoln parts numbers?

Does such a thing exist?

ScatCat

That will do just fine. Thanks!

While I'm here, this car we got is really super nice, almost like new. Can you suggest some nice good quality rubber floor mats? We live out in a rural area and it is impossible to keep mud out of our cars.

And how about a good quality car cover? We're on a farm and I'm worried about damage to the car from chemicals, dust, pesticides, etc.

And last, for our dog who goes everywhere with us . . . a set of good quality cloth washable seat covers? Any ideas?

04 LTC

Chicago

While I'm here, this car we got is really super nice, almost like new. Can you suggest some nice good quality rubber floor mats? We live out in a rural area and it is impossible to keep mud out of our cars.

And how about a good quality car cover? We're on a farm and I'm worried about damage to the car from chemicals, dust, pesticides, etc.

And last, for our dog who goes everywhere with us . . . a set of good quality cloth washable seat covers? Any ideas?
Weather Tech.

California Car Cover

IMG_0541.jpg IMG_0541.jpg

Last edited:

bmarler

Got my manuals, they are like brand new!

Where can I find a OEM parts list/diagram manual with Ford/Lincoln parts numbers?

Does such a thing exist?
i bought essentially the same set of manuals and they're fantastic...until i needed to troubleshoot the evap system as i got a p0443 dtc code. that's when i found out about the powertrain control/ emissions diagnosis manual. this is a big binder type manual and has all of the emissions dtc's and how to test the parts. if you do your own work it's a must have in my opinion. i happened to have one (go figure) a few years prior to my car but it was still relevant to my situation.
see this link. 2011 Ford Gas Engines Powertrain Control and Emissions Diagnosis Manual Original
it shows out of stock but now you know what to look for

ScatCat

bmarler

Got my cover from Cal Covers and it is great! I bought the Stormweave Outdoor All Weather one.

Any suggestions on good quality rubber floor mats? As I said, we're out on a farm and mud is a big problem here. I've been searching on line but there are thousands out there . . . real confusing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
I'm using weathertech. Really good product for trapping dirt and water.

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
Got my cover from Cal Covers and it is great! I bought the Stormweave Outdoor All Weather one.

Any suggestions on good quality rubber floor mats? As I said, we're out on a farm and mud is a big problem here. I've been searching on line but there are thousands out there . . . real confusing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Hi, ScatCat.

If you want rubber floor mats, go with Weathertech. They are the gold standard, and made in Bolingbrook, Illinois.

Weathertech

Good luck.

HTML