New Guy here - 2020 Corsair

chrisholland03

Hi All --

I'm new, found this site while googing. I leased my 2020 Corsair in November 2019. I got all of the options except the appearance package. Due to COVID-19, I've only put about 10k miles on it in the first year. I love the way it looks, handles, and rides. I also have had numerous electrical problems, and experienced poor dealer service. I'm hoping that mine is an anomaly and look forward to digging in here to see what you guys are experiencing.

The problems I've had in the first year:

Automatic wipers that completely overreact to conditions
24 Way seats that lose their lumbar/side support while driving
Seat/Steering position memory that don't consistently return to their memory positions
Center screen intermittently goes blue after using front/rear cameras
Center screen intermittently freezes, will not accept input
Numerous random error messages in the instrument cluster
Park Assist inoperative
Auto/Stop Start never functions due to steep grade (and is on flat surfaces)
Parking Brake sets itself in park when it thinks it's on a steep grade (and is on flat surfaces)
Bad battery replaced under warranty

The Lincoln dealership experience has been bad. The local dealership's appointments are a month or more out unless you need an oil change and tire rotate. Pickup/delivery/loaner service is non-existent. Once you get in, if they have to order parts or can't resolve the issue while they have the car, you have to schedule another follow-up appointment a month or more out. The concierges are very limited in their influence over dealership experience.

I have 2 more years left on the lease, and will not be returning to Lincoln unless they dramatically up their game in the time I have left with them. It's a shame because I would be absolutely gaga over my Corsair if they could fix the electrical issues and the dealer was providing the level of service they advertise.

Last edited:

HotrodLinkin

Hi All --

I'm new, found this site while googing. I leased my 2020 Corsair in November 2019. I got all of the options except the appearance package. Due to COVID-19, I've only put about 10k miles on it in the first year. I love the way it looks, handles, and rides. I also have had numerous electrical problems, and experienced poor dealer service. I'm hoping that mine is an anomaly and look forward to digging in here to see what you guys are experiencing.

Seat/Steering position memory that don't consistently return to their memory positions
Park Assist inoperative
Parking Brake sets itself in park when it thinks it's on a steep grade (and is on flat surfaces)

The Lincoln dealership experience has been bad. The local dealership's appointments are a month or more out unless you need an oil change and tire rotate. Pickup/delivery/loaner service is non-existent. Once you get in, if they have to order parts or can't resolve the issue while they have the car, you have to schedule another follow-up appointment a month or more out. The concierges are very limited in their influence over dealership experience.

I have 2 more years left on the lease, and will not be returning to Lincoln unless they dramatically up their game in the time I have left with them. It's a shame because I would be absolutely gaga over my Corsair if they could fix the electrical issues and the dealer was providing the level of service they advertise.
They have upped their game. You got an early build full of unsubstantiated design and assembly gremlins. Despite pre-release tests and simulated in-plant processing things get missed with all completely new vehicles.

OldBrit

Hi All --

Park Assist inoperative

Hello! I haven't had any of the problems you have had but I'd like to comment on two of your concerns: The automatic wipers and the Auto Stop/Start system. My automatic wipers are the same as yours - very erratic. But that's exactly what the automatic wipers were like in my previous vehicle, a 2017 Toyota Highlander. I think it's just the nature of the beast. I don't think that the technology is "quite there yet." Personally I think that automatic wipers are not worth having - I'm capable enough to decide when to turn the wipers on or off. The auto start/stop feature is the same as it was in the Highlander, too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Apparently different conditions affect the functioning - if your air-conditioning is on high, the engine won't shut off because it might drain the battery. The same applies to a cold day if you've got the heater working full blast. But on mild days, when I've got neither the heater nor the a/c on, it's still a hit-or-miss thing. I found that with my Highlander I needed to have my foot more firmly pressed on the brake pedal, though.

chrisholland03

Hi OldBrit - I would be interested in what your Corsair indicates on the AutoStop Screen in the instrument cluster. After starting the vehicle, mine indicates "Engine On due to Low Temperature"- which makes sense. Prior to my battery replacement last week it would then indicate "Engine On due to Battery Charging". In retrospect, that was probably a hint my battery was dying (along with the constant notifications that my vehicle was in deep sleep mode). With a new battery, it indicates "Engine On due to Steep Grade" - even when on a completely flat surface.

For me, upping their game would be to resolve the issues with my vehicle (or replace it) and provide the level of dealer service they advertise. If they can do those two things, I might consider leasing another Lincoln (but definitely not a first model year). I have 2 more years to decide. At this point, I'm planning to walk and not look back.

Which is a shame because they got so much right with the Corsair.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I have a Corsair built in January. Purchased in February 2020. I am on a 3 year lease with 2 years and change remaining.

The issues I have had are the following:
1. Rear Lift gate rattling. They figured it was a twilight so they tightened it more. In the process the dented the the lift gate several times. I had a PDR guy I know remove the dents
2. Transmission slips in lower gears. It has since performed better, but still not perfect.
3. Rear back up cam died. They replaced the back up cam in the process they dented up the lift gage again above the license plate from where they pried off the camera. They had to send it to the body shop to fix it this time. Car also got a door ding in the parking lot of the dealer. They had to get a PDR guy to remove it.
4. The right rear tail light filled with condensation. I had to have that replaced. They dinged the driver's side door. I had to have my PDR friend pull the dent out. This was a different dealership.
5. The rear wheel well carpets were not attached on one side. The dealer had to attach them with a plastic push pin.
6. Now the rear center tail light is filled with condensation. I am not fixing it.
7. The touch screen is laggy. I am going to deal with it.
8. The car had a ABS reprogram recall. No biggie here. I had them install the software.

Ditto on the dealership experience. It has been awful.

I have no intentions of buying Lincoln again either. This is my second Lincoln. The 2019 MKC I had before this was a lemon law buyback. The interesting thing is I didn't have any issues with my 2017 Ford Escape.

chrisholland03

When your rear camera died, what did it display on the screen? Mine does this weird thing with both the front and rear cameras where on occasion after shifting out of reverse (rear camera) or accelerating from a stop (front camera) the display turns solid blue for about 3 seconds, then returns to the regular screen.

chrisholland03

Yikes - I haven't experienced that one yet LOL. Thanks for sharing! Hopefully amongst all of us having issues, we can crowdsource the solutions as we get them!

OldBrit

Hi OldBrit - I would be interested in what your Corsair indicates on the AutoStop Screen in the instrument cluster. After starting the vehicle, mine indicates "Engine On due to Low Temperature"- which makes sense. Prior to my battery replacement last week it would then indicate "Engine On due to Battery Charging". In retrospect, that was probably a hint my battery was dying (along with the constant notifications that my vehicle was in deep sleep mode). With a new battery, it indicates "Engine On due to Steep Grade" - even when on a completely flat surface.

For me, upping their game would be to resolve the issues with my vehicle (or replace it) and provide the level of dealer service they advertise. If they can do those two things, I might consider leasing another Lincoln (but definitely not a first model year). I have 2 more years to decide. At this point, I'm planning to walk and not look back.

Which is a shame because they got so much right with the Corsair.
Sorry, Chris, I can't help you here. I've never seen any messages at all about the AutoStop system. That could be for a couple of reasons: (a) My car doesn't think there's anything wrong with the AutoStop system and therefore doesn't feel the need to tell me anything about it, or (b) I live in the Great White North and my car is a Canadian model! Although the car was built in Kansas, I know that cars destined for Canada sometimes have different specifications than the ones sold in the U.S. We don't get the Black Label models, for example. Maybe mine doesn't have the module that produces such detailed messages. Or maybe it's because my car was not optioned enough to have it, though I did equip it with pretty much that there was to offer - it's a 2.3L Reserve model (my dealer doesn't even bring in the Standard model) which has the technology package, heads-up display, etc., etc. Pretty much all that was left out were the 22-way seats and adaptive suspension. As it was, it was getting into the price range of Audi/BMW/Mercedes, and adding the 22-way seats would have made the German trio look like bargains in comparison!

syl

@OldBrit you do have the messages about auto start stop, but you might need to enable them on your instrument cluster "pages", then select the relevant "page" while driving to see the message. I have a fellow GWN sold corsair, 2.0, standard trim. More often than not, mine tells me the auto stop feature is disabled due to the battery charging, then every once in a while if I've been driving more than usual (these days "usual" isn't much driving), it just works. I hope that this helps.

OldBrit

@OldBrit you do have the messages about auto start stop, but you might need to enable them on your instrument cluster "pages", then select the relevant "page" while driving to see the message. I have a fellow GWN sold corsair, 2.0, standard trim. More often than not, mine tells me the auto stop feature is disabled due to the battery charging, then every once in a while if I've been driving more than usual (these days "usual" isn't much driving), it just works. I hope that this helps.
Thanks for the info, Syl, but for the life of me I cannot find any messages about the Autostop on my driver's information screen. All I get is the Autostop icon (the letter A with an arrow circling it) when I start the car. Lately it has a line through it indicating that it isn't working, but that's because it's winter where I live and I've only been using my car for very short trips to the store, so the battery doesn't get a full charge.

syl

@OldBrit said:

I cannot find any messages about the Autostop on my driver's
information screen.

I can't find where to set this up in the owner's manual, but press "down"
on the right "joystick" on the steering wheel for the screen settings, and
in there somewhere, you'll find a list of information "pages" you can
enable (I think that there's a maximum number that can be enabled, so you
might have to disable one to be able to enable the Auto-Stop-Start
information page). Once that's setup, you can press the "pages" button
(on the right of the steering wheel) to scroll through the enabled pages,
and you should be able to find the auto stop/start messages.

I hope this helps.

OldBrit

@OldBrit said:

I cannot find any messages about the Autostop on my driver's
information screen.

I can't find where to set this up in the owner's manual, but press "down"
on the right "joystick" on the steering wheel for the screen settings, and
in there somewhere, you'll find a list of information "pages" you can
enable (I think that there's a maximum number that can be enabled, so you
might have to disable one to be able to enable the Auto-Stop-Start
information page). Once that's setup, you can press the "pages" button
(on the right of the steering wheel) to scroll through the enabled pages,
and you should be able to find the auto stop/start messages.

I hope this helps.
Geez! This was one of those "Duh!" moments for me. I had set the information pages when I first bought the car. You are only allowed to have 5 items to display, and the Auto Stop/Start was one that I chose to ignore. I had forgotten all about it. I should change my user name from "OldBrit" to "Doddering Old Fool!" Thanks for the guidance, Syl.

Corsart

Between the two vents, above the center stack, is a button marked with an "A". Push it.

ahodorowicz

Hello! I haven't had any of the problems you have had but I'd like to comment on two of your concerns: The automatic wipers and the Auto Stop/Start system. My automatic wipers are the same as yours - very erratic. But that's exactly what the automatic wipers were like in my previous vehicle, a 2017 Toyota Highlander. I think it's just the nature of the beast. I don't think that the technology is "quite there yet." Personally I think that automatic wipers are not worth having - I'm capable enough to decide when to turn the wipers on or off. The auto start/stop feature is the same as it was in the Highlander, too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Apparently different conditions affect the functioning - if your air-conditioning is on high, the engine won't shut off because it might drain the battery. The same applies to a cold day if you've got the heater working full blast. But on mild days, when I've got neither the heater nor the a/c on, it's still a hit-or-miss thing. I found that with my Highlander I needed to have my foot more firmly pressed on the brake pedal, though.
I would agree with the original poster on this one. I had an 08 Mazda that had wonderful rain sensing wipers. This 2020 Corsair has terrible sensing. It is either too fast or too slow. It's rare that it fits the rain conditions.