Need help with valuation - 1998 Lincoln Continental

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

ronsusser.com

Hi everyone. I'm excited to be here. I recently picked up a very cool 1998 Lincoln Continental locally. The car is a one family owned (2 owners car). I have replaced the battery, recharged the AC and a few other things and it's simply a gorgeous car. Ivory pearlescent and even has the ancient cell phone in the armrest. MSRP in 1998 was $41,XXX. I've had the car detailed and it looks nearly new. Please see pictures below:

I'd like to sell the car and was wondering how much I can expect to get for it. Really appreciate your insights etc. I'm happy to answer any questions as well.
Thanks,
Ron

Attachments

• 1998lincoln1.jpg
    1998lincoln1.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 1998lincoln2.jpg
    1998lincoln2.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1998lincoln7.jpg
    1998lincoln7.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1998lincoln11.jpg
    1998lincoln11.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1998lincoln216.jpg
    1998lincoln216.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 1998lincoln301.jpg
    1998lincoln301.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

bbf2530

Hi everyone. I'm excited to be here. I recently picked up a very cool 1998 Lincoln Continental locally. The car is a one family owned (2 owners car). I have replaced the battery, recharged the AC and a few other things and it's simply a gorgeous car. Ivory pearlescent and even has the ancient cell phone in the armrest. MSRP in 1998 was $41,XXX. I've had the car detailed and it looks nearly new. Please see pictures below:

I'd like to sell the car and was wondering how much I can expect to get for it. Really appreciate your insights etc. I'm happy to answer any questions as well.
Thanks,
Ron

EDIT- Well, now that I have clicked on the link, I see you are actually a Dealer/Broker (who certainly does not need used car pricing advice). And your post is really an advertisement to sell the car, not an actual post to ask for pricing advice. And your number is clearly listed anyway.
Good luck.

Hi Ron. First, I would strongly recommend removing your phone number from your post. Never a good idea to post personal information.

In addition to asking for opinions from the anonymous Internet, I would advise using the pricing tools of various professional sources, such as KBB.com, Edmunds.com, NADA.com etc.

Use their pricing tools to work up a Private Party sale price, if you plan on selling it yourself.

While opinions and experiences obviously vary, some will say professional sources like I am recommending are not accurate. However, in my experience, I have found professional sources to be superior to random, anonymous Internet pricing opinions.

Truth is, we usually do not really know who we are conversing with on the Internet. They may not even have a drivers license, let alone know much about used car pricing. That goes for me too. ;)

Asking for random Internet opinions does not hurt, but do yourself a favor and also consult the professional sources. Then use all the information to decide what is best for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:

ronsusser.com

Yes, I'm a broker but this is my personal car (not a client car) and this vintage Lincoln is way outside of my realm of knowledge. That is the reason that I'm here asking for advice from the Lincoln experts. After all, isn't that what these specialty forums are for?

bbf2530

Yes, I'm a broker but this is my personal car (not a client car) and this vintage Lincoln is way outside of my realm of knowledge. That is the reason that I'm here asking for advice from the Lincoln experts. After all, isn't that what these specialty forums are for?

Hi Ron. Your post is an advertisement for the car. And that is okay. Advertising ingenuity... ;)
Just keep in mind we can all read the website. Client car...personal car...they are all appraised in the same manner. Most of us know that.
If you don't insult the intelligence of everyone here, we won't insult yours either. And your ad will stay up.

I gave you advice on the best way to find used car valuations, despite the fact you already knew it and did not need it. Used and collectible car brokers with their own websites have their own appraisers and do not ask for pricing from Internet strangers.

Perhaps others will jump in with their own suggestions.

Good luck selling your Continental...and the multitude of other cars for sale on your website.

ronsusser.com

With all due respect BBF, I'm very familiar with the sites that you recommended (KBB, Edmunds etc.). I can take them or leave them and that's the reason that I'm requesting the insights of the experts on this forum. I imagine that your readers monitor and know the market better than anyone on the 1998 Continental. Better than Hagerty, Edmunds etc. So I don't already know it and I do need it (advice that is). That's the reason that I'm here. If I wanted to simply advertise this car, I would have done so in the classified section. I'm really, honestly seeking pricing advice.

bbf2530

With all due respect BBF, I'm very familiar with the sites that you recommended (KBB, Edmunds etc.). I can take them or leave them and that's the reason that I'm requesting the insights of the experts on this forum. I imagine that your readers monitor and know the market better than anyone on the 1998 Continental. Better than Hagerty, Edmunds etc. So I don't already know it and I do need it (advice that is). That's the reason that I'm here. If I wanted to simply advertise this car, I would have done so in the classified section. I'm really, honestly seeking pricing advice.

Hi Ron. Okay. Let's go with that.

I have great respect for my fellow Lincoln Forum members. However, if I was looking for the selling price of a 1998 Continental, I would take the pricing advice of Hagerty. And I would hope my fellow forum members would be smart enough to take the advice of Hagerty before they would take mine...;)

The advice I gave you previously was the honest advice I would give to everyone (and always have). I actually typed and posted it before I saw you were a used car broker and added the EDIT. So that is what I would tell anyone who asked the question you did. And it is the advice I have given many times before.
Unless it is my family member or close friend...Then I would take the time to go to the sites I recommended and work up the price for them myself.

Hopefully other members will jump in to offer you more help.

Good luck with the sale of your Continental. :)

ronsusser.com

Yes, hopefully others will offer additional/different advice. Perhaps, someone on the forum sold a similar car and would be willing to share their sales price. Perhaps someone is looking for a similar car and has done research in the marketplace. I much prefer to hang my hat on personal experience as opposed to automated websites. Hope you understand and can appreciate. Is there anyone else out there?

bbf2530

Yes, hopefully others will offer additional/different advice. Perhaps, someone on the forum sold a similar car and would be willing to share their sales price. Perhaps someone is looking for a similar car and has done research in the marketplace. I much prefer to hang my hat on personal experience as opposed to automated websites. Hope you understand and can appreciate. Is there anyone else out there?

Hi Ron. Yes, there is lots of life out there...lol

If anyone feels they can help, I am sure they will jump in.

keifer888

I'm in Charlotte NC and listed my 01 Conti for1200.00 and no bites, been a year now. It's 800.00 now sitting on my driveway with 88000 orig miles. Everything besides the AC works and drive with no issues. I got 2 other Town Car and a truck to drive. So it's really don't worth anything in my area. Good luck with your's.

Big Old Boy

Mine is identical to yours purchased mine about six years ago for $6.000 with 23,000 miles one owner.now has 83,000 miles on it I do love the wheels easy to keep clean.

TexasRedneck

122k miles....IMO, you'll do well to get about half of your asking price - but who knows. It IS a novel way to advertise your car for sale, though - antagonize those trying to help you, and then keep pumping the link. IIRC, that car had the air ride system that was problematic as blazes - to the point that many owners went to standard suspension because of the high cost of maintaining 'em.

Good luck.