Need help with my Lincoln MKT rear headliner Air blower

Yeshishim

Hello,

I own a 2010 Lincoln MKT and having issues with the back seat air blower, when I turn on the rear climate control I can hear the fans blowing air and the side vents in the back are blowing just fine,only the headliner vent are not blowing almost no air.

Are there 2 fans one for the side vents and another for the headliners? Anyone knows how to fix the issue are where the rear air blower fan is located?

Thanks so much for your help!

Yeshishim

Yes I tested the vents while having the AC and the heat on not blowing air.

the side vents are working fine for AC and heat.

danyboy1950

hi did you find out what the problem i have the same on my 2014 mkt ,i can hear the rear blower working but no air coming out

danyboy1950

The rooftop vents are for cold/AC only, and the lower vents are for heat only. Do you have it on AC when testing?
i have the same problem on my 2014 mkt everything working fine but no air coming from rear vent cold or hot
i can hear the rear blower working but nothing coming out

michael.pxvx

hi did you find out what the problem i have the same on my 2014 mkt ,i can hear the rear blower working but no air coming out
Check the controls on the back of the center console. It took me a couple weeks to figure out on mine that there was a button to switch from headliner air to foot liner air and vice versa. More than likely if you hear the fans but nothing is coming from the headliner it means it’s set to only blow from the foot liners.

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Check the controls on the back of the center console. It took me a couple weeks to figure out on mine that there was a button to switch from headliner air to foot liner air and vice versa. More than likely if you hear the fans but nothing is coming from the headliner it means it’s set to only blow from the foot liners.
If it's set to be controlled by the touchscreen, it overrides any settings on the rear controls, at least for the 2013 and newer. That would be easy to test.