Need help with A/C fan speed (78 continental)

Crabman02

My 1978 continental has a fan speed issue, it only blows on high no matter what the speed selector switch is set to. I replaced the high blower relay under the hood, and the switch itself. Both replaced with motorcraft parts. The fuse appears to be fine, any ideas from the resident experts?

bbf2530

My 1978 continental has a fan speed issue, it only blows on high no matter what the speed selector switch is set to. I replaced the high blower relay under the hood, and the switch itself. Both replaced with motorcraft parts. The fuse appears to be fine, any ideas from the resident experts?
Hi Crabman. Not an "expert" here, just a shadetree mechanic with some experience. Usually (but not absolutely always), a blower motor fan which will only blow on high is caused by a failed blower motor resistor. I would start there.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Crabman02

Hi Crabman. Not an "expert" here, just a shadetree mechanic with some experience. Usually (but not absolutely always), a blower motor fan which will only blow on high is caused by a failed blower motor resistor. I would start there.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Sorry I actually did replace the resistor and a few box type relays under the hood. Still no luck