Need Help on Driver Seat Airbag

mzaner89

I have a 2008 TC. Could a passenger seat airbag that was sold online be loaded into the driver seat? I was in an accident this week and the driver seat airbag deployed. So I would be willing to reload the airbag and then have seat reupholstered.

Brian J. Patterson

Northern Illinois
I have a 2008 TC. Could a passenger seat airbag that was sold online be loaded into the driver seat? I was in an accident this week and the driver seat airbag deployed. So I would be willing to reload the airbag and then have seat reupholstered.
I'm not sure. But if you're buying a replacement airbag, why not buy the correct one? 2008 is old enough that you should be able to get a good one from a junk yard.

Provided your existing front seat upholstery is good otherwise, you should be able to have a upholstery shop sew the "break-away" seam back up with the correct "break-away" thread.

While you're at it, be sure to check the driver's side front shoulder harness pretensioner. If you were hit hard enough to deploy the side curtain air bag from the seat, you probably had the pretensioner go off, too.

Good luck.

HTML