• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

need help defining error message to conserve power shut off engine

alzado

2015 mkc. it has been running perfectly. all of a sudden I went to start it after a brief stop at my friends house and it gave the error message. We jumped the battery and it has been fine since. Im worried about future problems

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Get the battery tested at an auto parts store. If it’s the original battery , it’s probably due for a replacement.

bbf2530

Hi alzado. Are you sure the message was not "Turn Power Off to Save Battery"? This is a warning that means just what it states. The messages are shown in your Owners Manual. There is no "to conserve power shut off engine" message.

As jkeaton mentioned, have your battery checked at your local Lincoln or Ford Dealer. If it is the original battery, it is past due for replacement. Todays cars are very electronic/electrical/computer intensive. Therefore, batteries are under heavier load and do not last as long as in the past.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

HTML