• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Need help 2000 town car,water on right rear passengers floor area,clean it up its back every time

YoungOldMan

Ryrell

i hope this problem dont short out any wires under front passengers seat and start a fire,any one know whats going on

YoungOldMan

I've never heard of that happening. Your bigger concern should be rust and mold. That thread I posted above contains details of all of the major culprits.

YoungOldMan

And unless you're pulling the carpet up and drying it out then you're not getting rid of the water as effectively as you think you are. The padding on the carpet is about a 1/4-1/2 inch thick and can absorb an incredible amount of water. Just because it looks dry from the top doesn't mean it isn't soaking wet just below the surface.

Ryrell

Hey thanks about the mold i got that to been checking into the problem.For other member with the same issue its called the evaporator case seal,frost king epdm 9/16 weatherseal should fix it the carpet and padding has got to go thank you for your help Young Old Man,now to get that water outa the dash!

HTML