• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Need fuel sending unit 88 TC

StahlMaster

Southgate, MI
I need to replace the fuel sending unit that's in the fuel tank on my 1988 LTC w/o digital dash. Ford Part No. E9VY-9275A
What can I expect to pay for this part? I see a few on e-bay for $265 + $11.00. Is this a good deal? I'll also need the wrench to remove it. Does anyone have a wrench to sell?
Thanks.

D

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
The 1988 Town Car fuel pump/sender unit is mounted in the tank with a locking ring and O ring. You don't need a special tool to remove it or replace the new locking ring and O ring. Don't use a screwdriver since it will deform and cut the locking ring. Use a brass drift or a wood dowel (perhaps more than one of those) after lubricating the rubber O ring as best you can with a penetrating lubricant. The O ring will hold the lock ring (with rust) and prevent it sliding. Use dielectric silicone grease on the O ring and both metal surfaces when installing the new parts to allow the new locking ring to slide easily into place.

I looked up that part number and some pictures showed just the sender as the typical long arm type for about $90. Others were selling it for $225 but on sale for $195 that I imagine includes the pump. RockAuto has a listing for many pump and sender assemblies. Here is a description of the pump and fuel level sender: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=59645&cc=1188660 for $170 at RockAuto for your 1988 Town Car. Note the ceramic card interface for the sender, but it doesn't say for electronic dash or not. You may have to buy the locking ring separately. There are of course several models but they all look the same.

Here is the link: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1188660&parttype=6268&ck to get you to the 1988 Town Car fuel system parts. Perhaps you can talk with someone there to confirm what they are offering is what you need.

Good luck.

Orioles

Does anyone have the OEM instructions from the Shop manual with diagrams on how to remove the 88 Towncar digital dash fuel sender? Mine is no longer working and I am searching junkyards for the part, but I need the exact instructions on how to remove it. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you!

I need E5VY9275A - the fuel sender unit for the digital dash fuel gauge.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome.

I don't have the service manual instructions for the fuel level sender replacement, but it is probably very similar to the 1992 model sender replacement procedure attached. The fuel tank does not have to be removed. The body on the 1992 model is different from the 1988 model but the main components are probably the same.

Good luck.

Attachments

G-568825

I have a 1987 TC which the fuel guage won't light up past the 1/4 mark despite being full. It is a digital guage. Anyway, I ran out of fuel today while driving and can only rely on my 'Dist' button to tell me how many miles
I have driven. Can anyone tell me the part I would need and the part number for the in-tank fuel floats/sender? Great site.

HTML