Navigation version NA 2 21 update

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Rob 543

Dec 8, 2020
Has anyone been successful in obtaining the NA 2 21 update for the nav on a Corsair? Even though we are directed to https://www.lincoln.com/support/ then enter my VIN I end up at the Sync and Navigation update screen. The Sync part works but the Navigation area gives me an error telling me my vehicle is too old (pre 2010). I know that is an erroneous message as further digging on the site tells me my vehicle is probably too new. I could accept that prior to the release of NA 2 21 since my vehicle currently has NA 2 20, but now that NA 2 21 is out, I should be able to get it.

In any case, if anyone else with a 2022 is successful, ease let me know.

Thanks
I got the update for my 2020 Corsair and installed it. I noted very few changes in the roads identified near me. I don't think it was worth the money!

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT, Infinite Black, Black/Cashew interior, all the other bells and whistles except towing
I agree. The different answers tells me Lincoln Concierge is just fluff....typicle Marketing grads with little to zero training and certainly don't seem to have an escalation process to the software teams. This is one area where the big auto makers are losing big time to Tesla with their constant updates. I've not seen one update come via the wire since I got my car.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT, Infinite Black, Black/Cashew interior, all the other bells and whistles except towing
Hi heyward. Yes, then your vehicle does not have NA 2 21, and they winged it. If NA 2 20 is the listed version on your NAV system SYNC settings, then NA 2 20 is the version installed.

Now, perhaps there is reason you folks can't install NA 2 21, such as it being too soon after production. I would just be better customer service to tell owners the correct answer. Either way, you will get your free versions.

On a related note, I saw that Sharbotcom stated 3 free updates. Standard operating procedure for Lincoln has been 2 complementary updates. Of course it is possible that Lincoln has recently changed that policy to 3 complementary updates?
I have heard that SYNC 4 equipped vehicles get 3 complementary NAV map updates. But no information that SYNC 3 equipped vehicles were increased to 3 NAV map updates. Just something for someone to look into when they have the time.

Keep us updated and good luck.
Bbf2530, thanks for that. Yes, basically the latest Concierge conversation revealed that I get two more updates and it's based on the warranty date. She said that I would get the latest maps this coming January, 2023. The system would then recognize my car by then. I yelled at her saying why don't you all update the website to explain that to the customer and she said that it is all run by third party vendors but Lincoln controls the content. I said so what is stopping you in putting a notice on the page explaining when customers are eligible for upgrade. They just assume people should know this stuff. It's maddening as they don't put themselves into the shoes of the customer.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Bbf2530, thanks for that. Yes, basically the latest Concierge conversation revealed that I get two more updates and it's based on the warranty date. She said that I would get the latest maps this coming January, 2023. The system would then recognize my car by then. I yelled at her saying why don't you all update the website to explain that to the customer and she said that it is all run by third party vendors but Lincoln controls the content. I said so what is stopping you in putting a notice on the page explaining when customers are eligible for upgrade. They just assume people should know this stuff. It's maddening as they don't put themselves into the shoes of the customer.

Hi heyward. Yes it is frustrating and I certainly understand.

However, from experience, if I can offer one bit of advice (to all of us Lincoln owners), and assuming you did not actually yell at the poor Lincoln Concierge lady who has no control over these things;):
When these situations occur, let the Concierge do their job and explain things, even if it may not quite measure up to our hopes and expectations at the time. Don't get frustrated. Don't yell. Don't threaten to never buy another Lincoln for the rest of your life etc. Instead, be calm and polite. Listen. Surely express your frustration, but in a polite way. Then ask what Lincoln can offer in compensation for the inconvenience, frustration, time lost etc.
The Lincoln Concierge is simply your initial touch point and will help if they can. And they do have a certain amount of leeway as to what they can do to help. But if we yell, carry on and treat them badly (not saying you carried on and treated her badly, only making the point), it does nothing to help.

As I said, they have a certain amount of leeway, and can offer some nice compensation, if so inclined. I can vouch for that through personal experience.

Anyway, just relaying a bit of advice which has helped me with Lincoln Concierge.

Last edited:

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
I didn’t yell but raised my voice as she I could tell she was having trouble with English as a second language. Not sure if Lincoln had this outsourced to outside the Country. They might have different teams from around the world covering this 24x7 line. She kept saying Ford by accident and correcting herself to say Lincoln, I’m not at all impressed with concierge…it’s all fluff with no real talent to get things done correctly. I have had at least 6 calls to Concierge over the past months and several of them never called back to follow up even though they said they would. None of the calls resulted in resolution.

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
I didn’t yell but raised my voice as she I could tell she was having trouble with English as a second language. Not sure if Lincoln had this outsourced to outside the Country. They might have different teams from around the world covering this 24x7 line. She kept saying Ford by accident and correcting herself to say Lincoln, I’m not at all impressed with concierge…it’s all fluff with no real talent to get things done correctly. I have had at least 6 calls to Concierge over the past months and several of them never called back to follow up even though they said they would. None of the calls resulted in resolution.
Interesting as all my interactions so far with Concierge have been fairly good so far. Haven't called recently however.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011

Hi heyward. I guess I have been extremely lucky (at least compared to you), as the Lincoln Concierge representatives I have dealt with since purchasing my latest Lincoln (the 2018 MKZ) have gone out of their way to assist me. And as recently as a promised call back earlier today.

Now, you may be correct, and the middle of the night hours (U.S. time) may be "outsourced", but I can neither confirm nor deny that.

Not sure where you are located and when your free time to call is, but perhaps try calling during regular "9 to 5" business hours, Eastern Standard Time, since that is when I am calling and getting very efficient assistance.

Just some random thoughts off the top of my head, to try and help you get this situation handled, and perhaps get you a bit of compensation to soothe the pain.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
For my own sanity and help me understand if this issue is limited to a few vehicles or a whole series, could anybody with a current year (MY22 or MY23) Corsair, Nautilus, Aviator or Navigator who has successfully upgraded to (or at least been able to download/order) NA 2 21 please reply to this thread. Please indicate your model, MY and when you purchased the vehicle.

I know Sync 4 is OTA but I'd like to know if those vehicles have been upgraded.

Thanks

Last edited:

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
Hi heyward. I guess I have been extremely lucky (at least compared to you), as the Lincoln Concierge representatives I have dealt with since purchasing my latest Lincoln (the 2018 MKZ) have gone out of their way to assist me. And as recently as a promised call back earlier today.

Now, you may be correct, and the middle of the night hours (U.S. time) may be "outsourced", but I can neither confirm nor deny that.

Not sure where you are located and when your free time to call is, but perhaps try calling during regular "9 to 5" business hours, Eastern Standard Time, since that is when I am calling and getting very efficient assistance.

Just some random thoughts off the top of my head, to try and help you get this situation handled, and perhaps get you a bit of compensation to soothe the pain.

Good suggestions. I have tended to call after dinner and located in Virginia. I did call over the weekend and that was when I got English as second language. They are 24x7 operation. I get frustrated with the difference in answers, lack of ability to call back when they say they will. I’m going to call in and get some points or a Lincoln jacket!

JB IN AZ

Apr 29, 2021
Not much to add here, as I use Android Auto (with wireless MA-1 dongle) exclusively, and don't have any plans to update the Lincoln navigation maps.

BUT the experiences noted here with regards to Concierge and customer service is NOT unique to Lincoln. Most companies with a call-in support option TRY to be helpful by hiring folks to answer the phones where ever they can find them . The labor (hired help) arena is just as messed up now as parts supplies, etc. Patience is the answer, I am afraid. And bbf's suggestion to call during "normal business hours" may help. I have also asked to speak to an English speaking rep with success.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
JB, thanks. Yes, good suggestion to call during business hours. Makes sense.

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
Not much to add here, as I use Android Auto (with wireless MA-1 dongle) exclusively, and don't have any plans to update the Lincoln navigation maps.

BUT the experiences noted here with regards to Concierge and customer service is NOT unique to Lincoln. Most companies with a call-in support option TRY to be helpful by hiring folks to answer the phones where ever they can find them . The labor (hired help) arena is just as messed up now as parts supplies, etc. Patience is the answer, I am afraid. And bbf's suggestion to call during "normal business hours" may help. I have also asked to speak to an English speaking rep with success.
One comment id make is that we do get free navigation updates for I believe 4 years so its still worth upgrading when they are available even if we use android auto. (I use it as well with a dongle and works great)

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
One comment id make is that we do get free navigation updates for I believe 4 years so its still worth upgrading when they are available even if we use android auto. (I use it as well with a dongle and works great)
Upgrading is the issue, it won't let us. 🤨

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
Upgrading is the issue, it won't let us. 🤨
I don't disagree my aviator wont let me either at this point. I was mainly saying that even if we do use android auto pushing for the upgrade we were told we would get is still useful. My guess is since we have newer vehicles they will probably be added in the coming months but it would be nice to get a confirmed date.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011

Hi silverydragon. SYNC 3 NAV equipped vehicles get two free updates before needing to pay.

I have read that SYNC 4 NAV equipped vehicles get three free updates, before needing to pay.

Good luck.

Pizano

Feb 20, 2022
Portland, Oregon
Entered my 2022 GT's VIN on the Sync 3 Map Update site recently and it claimed that the vehicle was built in 1992. I'll keep trying.

JB IN AZ

Apr 29, 2021
And with all of the reports with folks having trouble updating the Lincoln Nav, I am happy using AA. Stress-free for me. Any stress I can relieve from my life is a good thing. :)

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
They, Lincoln, should just be comp'ing you guys the forty-buck USB stick in an overnight FedEx. That would've been acknowledging the issue and getting a fix to the customers of an expensive premium brand - customers that have choices - so that they don't face this kind of frustration associated with a data error not of their own making.
Well I just got a call back from the Concierge and they decided to mail me a USB stick with the update on it. For those who continue to get the dreaded "<2010" error on the syncnavigation.com website, call the Concierge and open a ticket. Hopefully you can get the same result as me.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
I received the USB stick the other day and went to do the install yesterday. No joy! After about a minute it came up with an installation failure message and an error code. I called the number provided in the error message and spent the the next 4 hours trying to troubleshoot the issue. It was escalated twice and, to be honest, other than the original contact person, they were quite knowledgeable and walked me through numerous checks, restarts, resets, etc. At the end of the day it was still not loading. It has been escalated even higher and I expect a call back today. I'll keep folks I formed.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
Concierge told me that I can only upgrade once a year and you have to have passed your one year mark of car ownership to be able to install the update. They told me I have to wait until my 01/26/23 anniversary date before I can update my maps.