Navigation version NA 2 21 update

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
Has anyone been successful in obtaining the NA 2 21 update for the nav on a Corsair? Even though we are directed to https://www.lincoln.com/support/ then enter my VIN I end up at the Sync and Navigation update screen. The Sync part works but the Navigation area gives me an error telling me my vehicle is too old (pre 2010). I know that is an erroneous message as further digging on the site tells me my vehicle is probably too new. I could accept that prior to the release of NA 2 21 since my vehicle currently has NA 2 20, but now that NA 2 21 is out, I should be able to get it.

In any case, if anyone else with a 2022 is successful, ease let me know.

Thanks

afh3

Nov 29, 2019
Minnesota
Has anyone been successful in obtaining the NA 2 21 update for the nav on a Corsair? Even though we are directed to https://www.lincoln.com/support/ then enter my VIN I end up at the Sync and Navigation update screen. The Sync part works but the Navigation area gives me an error telling me my vehicle is too old (pre 2010). I know that is an erroneous message as further digging on the site tells me my vehicle is probably too new. I could accept that prior to the release of NA 2 21 since my vehicle currently has NA 2 20, but now that NA 2 21 is out, I should be able to get it.

Thanks
Yeah, I downloaded it and installed it yesterday.

Took about an hour.

Try getting it here:

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011

Thanks

Hi Sharbot. The new NAV map releases always seem to have a few bugs that need working out.

So give it a few weeks for those bugs to be killed, then try again. Or just keep trying until your VIN is accepted.

I do know of two MKZ owners who have successfully downloaded NA 2 21, but have not heard from any Corsair owners yet.

EDIT- Okay, bow I know of one Corsair owner..."afh3" above. 😂

Good luck.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
Yeah, I downloaded it and installed it yesterday.

Took about an hour.

Try getting it here:

Unfortunately this is what I get when I enter my VIN (BTW the VIN was cut and pasted from Lincoln Account so I know it is correct):
Screenshot_20220915-184722_Chrome.jpg

TimCooper

Jan 7, 2022
Is this potentially a Canada vs US problem?

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
Is this potentially a Canada vs US problem?
I hope not. I checked my buddy's VIN for his 2017 F150 with and it worked for him.

afh3

Nov 29, 2019
Minnesota
Unfortunately this is what I get when I enter my VIN (BTW the VIN was cut and pasted from Lincoln Account so I know it is correct):
View attachment 14787
Huh. You got that response entering your VIN at the link I posted?

Not sure what to tell you there.

Was pretty much straightforward for me.

On a related note, not sure if SYNC 4 changes this process or not, but having to keep the vehicle running for an hour to do the update is ridiculous.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
Huh. You got that response entering your VIN at the link I posted?

Not sure what to tell you there.

Was pretty much straightforward for me.

On a related note, not sure if SYNC 4 changes this process or not, but having to keep the vehicle running for an hour to do the update is ridiculous.
Yup. I used your link just in case it was different than what I was using (it turns out it was the same link).

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
[CARNAC ON]

I see a visit with the Lincoln Concierge in your future.

[CARNAC OFF]
Have you been talking to my wife? 😀 she said the same thing around the same time you were typing your post.

PADoc

Jul 24, 2022
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT
My 2 week old 2022 Corsair GT has the NA 2 20 map version. When I entered my VIN to try to update I also got the message that my vehicle was < 2010 and not able to be updated. I would really like to update the maps because our housing plan (3 years old) is not in the current maps. The Lincoln Way app shows the vehicle at a nonexistent address when we are home. It has the right street but a number that doesn’t exist.

Macsterguy

Feb 12, 2020
Texas
Easy update on my wife's 2020 corsair... I think it was the same version as before... That's a long time and waste of gas for nothing...

Are over the air updates still a thing? Or did Lincoln give up on those?

Our corsair always checks but then... n-o-t-h-i-n-g...

Last edited:

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
My 2 week old 2022 Corsair GT has the NA 2 20 map version. When I entered my VIN to try to update I also got the message that my vehicle was < 2010 and not able to be updated. I would really like to update the maps because our housing plan (3 years old) is not in the current maps. The Lincoln Way app shows the vehicle at a nonexistent address when we are home. It has the right street but a number that doesn’t exist.
My Lincoln Way does the same. The street number indicated is about 300 or 400 hundred yards further south down the road I live on.

As far as the <2010 error on the navigation update site goes, I was on the phone with Concierge this morning and they can't figure it out. They promised to get back to me by the end of the day. My software engineering background (110% speculation) is telling me 1) the VINs we provide meet the standard filter rules so they don't get rejected up front, 2) our VINs are not in their database (probably a feed error from Ford) and 3) the error trapping/message handling routines are not robust enough consequently we end up with the default error message (too old to qualify).

On any case, I hope our VINs get added into their system soon so we can get the update.

silverydragon72

Jun 25, 2021
San Jose, CA
My Lincoln Way does the same. The street number indicated is about 300 or 400 hundred yards further south down the road I live on.

As far as the <2010 error on the navigation update site goes, I was on the phone with Concierge this morning and they can't figure it out. They promised to get back to me by the end of the day. My software engineering background (110% speculation) is telling me 1) the VINs we provide meet the standard filter rules so they don't get rejected up front, 2) our VINs are not in their database (probably a feed error from Ford) and 3) the error trapping/message handling routines are not robust enough consequently we end up with the default error message (too old to qualify).

On any case, I hope our VINs get added into their system soon so we can get the update.
FYI its more than just yours my 2022 aviator also does not show up yet but my 2017 conti does. I have a feeling that beyond a certain year they havent been updated in the system yet probably 2022+

kingdre

Nov 25, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Maybe that's what my car did. All of a sudden, the navi map has buildings on it in 3D lol

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT, Infinite Black, Black/Cashew interior, all the other bells and whistles except towing
I'm getting the same problem when I enter my vin number. Unable to download as it thinks my car is pre-2010

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
I spent 2 hours on the phone with Concierge yesterday on this. In the end I was instructed to do a scan with the car over WiFi as the techs believe the process updates the Navigation registry when doing so. They then said it should work with 24 to 48 hours after that. I accepted the explanation (with a grain of salt) because I recently had my Sync module changed because of my back up camera issue. I'm joking this works but I have reservations. The Concierge will be calling me on Monday to follow up.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
Aldie, VA
My Lincoln
22 Corsair GT, Infinite Black, Black/Cashew interior, all the other bells and whistles except towing
Interesting, I usually scan over wi-fi monthly so one of those scans should have registered by now. I'll try it today. I will call Concierge Monday for sure. I will probably ask the dealer to address this as well when it is in for the recall this week. Thanks.

Sharbotcom

Apr 3, 2022
Sharbot Lake, Ontario
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair
Just got off the phone with the Concierge. No joy! It has been escalated to tech support and research. I doubt it is our vehicles. I think their databases are simply missing a bunch of VINs. In any case, you should call the Concierge and lodge your problem also. He indicated the more they get, the better they an understand the question. I totally agree.