• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Navigation Update

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

C Krohn

Oct 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I just ordered the A13 navigation update SD card for my 2013 MKS (navigation.com). Interestingly, when I checked for an update for my 2017 MKX with Sync 3, it shows that my navigation is up to date. I haven't updated it in about a year, and I subscribed to the 5 year update on a USB.

Last edited:

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I just ordered the A13 navigation update SD card for my 2013 MKS (navigation.com). Interestingly, when I checked for an update for my 2017 MKX with Sync 3, it shows that my navigation is up to date. I haven't updated it in about a year, and I subscribed to the 5 year update on a USB.

Hi C Krohn. SYNC 3 Navigation map updates are updated once a year. I believe the most current SYNC 3 Navigation maps version is "NA 2 20". What version do you currently have in your 2017 MKX?

On a related note: As mentioned above, SYNC 3 Navigation maps are updated once a year. Usually sometime around mid July/August, at least before pre-pandemic confusion and overall delays of everything. So if you updated last year to NA 2 20, you would be current until the next annual update is released, hopefully shortly and probably listed as "NA 2 21".

Good luck.

Last edited:

C Krohn

Oct 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I think I have NA2.20. I can't check right now, but I updated it about a year ago, around the same time I updated to A12.
I don't have unlimited data on my phone, and I sometimes travel in areas where there is no cell service, so I like having satellite navigation.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I think I have NA2.20. I can't check right now, but I updated it about a year ago, around the same time I updated to A12.
I don't have unlimited data on my phone, and I sometimes travel in areas where there is no cell service, so I like having satellite navigation.

Hi C Krohn. If you have NA 2 20, you have he latest SYNC 3 NAV map updated edition.

The next update should be released in the coming months.

No need to explain why you like to use the SYNC 3 Navigation system or keep it updated. I also use my onboard SYNC 3 Navigation. ;)

Good luck.

Multitask

Mar 6, 2020
Los Angeles, Calif
Just a reminder, that Ford/Lincoln are not in charge of the maps, or the updates... they merely are a 3rd party for them

So when the company is ready to release maps, they do... but it's not up to Ford/Lincoln on when or what. 8)