Navigation for 2004 Aviator

Ed FvC

wwe tragedy...

They figured out the cause.

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie\'s autopsy report
Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”
(From WWE.com - http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/causeofdeath )

R.I.P. Eduardo Guerrero 1967-2005

SilverFox

wwe tragedy...

Male soap opra like Monster Trucks and Quad Wars at the local arena\'s near you......its all show and no competition - not in KC anyway, seems there is always some guy that NOTICABLY looses just to get the crowd going. f$%k that.....if I had that shit I would be there to BREAK IT!

KatieMarie

wwe tragedy...

[quote name=\'SilverFox\']Male soap opra like Monster Trucks and Quad Wars at the local arena\'s near you......its all show and no competition - not in KC anyway, seems there is always some guy that NOTICABLY looses just to get the crowd going. f$%k that.....if I had that shit I would be there to BREAK IT![/QUOTE]

Um, Monster Trucks and Quads are not male soap operas. The reason WWE is called a male soap opera is because is because of the \"storylines\" that are embedded into the show.

eightlives

wwe tragedy...

He was clean for 4 years, but in the end that is what Killed him.

He basically went to sleep and never woke up..

BlueByU

wwe tragedy...

How long had he been clean from his drug use? And because of his heavy usage of it and hoping to get it out of his system...did he go for check-ups? I have mixed emotions about how he died. If he truly cleaned up and tried to be a better person then I am truly saddened that he had to die living right. But if he continued on the side and was putting on an act because he needed money and thought because he had arms made of steel he was invincible then...:dunno:

Im not saying this to offend anyone. Thats just how I feel about people who do drugs knowing full well what the consequences are.

eightlives

wwe tragedy...

from wwe.com

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

KY Jim

wwe tragedy...

Our community drunk was like that, stayed drunk for 40 years or more, fine feller, drunk or sober, wouldn\'t hear ANYBODY cuss, especially if any girls were around. He sobered up one day, and never touched it again. Soon he was going to church, got his license and a not very old pickup, and even got married. A year after his wedding he found out that he had throat cancer. He was gone in a few months. If I\'ve met a better turned man, I can\'t remember who he was. Even-tempered, honest, patient as Hell. And not a damned bit afraid to work, OR help a neighbor, no matter WHAT they thought of him. I think he was a Saint in disguise, cause Marion falling-down dog drunk was a better Christian than any who judged him. And a Hell of a lot more KINDLY. If he\'d been broke for a week, and hadn\'t had a drink in that time, and shook so bad he could barely walk, and he met a young mother who had a pillhead husband and he\'d smoked and snorted every last cent they had, and the kid hadn\'t eat in a day, guess what. That baby had a big breakfast, and Marion staggered on to work, with the DT\'s so bad he\'d piss on himself. And when he finally comes out of it all, and starts to have a Life, ZAP! Marion was the ONLY drunk I ever met that I didn\'t want to shoot. I guess cause he was ALWAYS a great guy. And people wonder why I hate this world. Apparently the wages of sin aren\'t always Death. Sometimes it\'s the price for abandoning sin, seems like.
KY Jim

Ed FvC

wwe tragedy...

[quote name=\'eightlives\']from wwe.com

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.[/QUOTE]

Didn\'t I just post that? :dunno:

1badmalibu

wwe tragedy...

[quote name=\'BlueByU\']How long had he been clean from his drug use? And because of his heavy usage of it and hoping to get it out of his system...did he go for check-ups? I have mixed emotions about how he died. If he truly cleaned up and tried to be a better person then I am truly saddened that he had to die living right. But if he continued on the side and was putting on an act because he needed money and thought because he had arms made of steel he was invincible then...:dunno:

Im not saying this to offend anyone. Thats just how I feel about people who do drugs knowing full well what the consequences are.[/QUOTE]

read everything before you post. He had been clean for 4 years.

The guys on the show last night said that Eddie was a born again Christian and spent a lot of his spare time talking with and helping the other guys out. Batista said that Eddie had been helping him work through some tough personal stuff.

danistanggt

wwe tragedy...

to me it is still sad. most of the big name wwe stars started out wrasslin in dallas under wcw.. ecw.
that is where i met alot of them years ago when the vonerics were all still around.
i am glad he was clean. hell, heart probs can happen to anyone... you just never know i guess... sad ..so sad.

BlueByU

wwe tragedy...

[quote name=\'1badmalibu\']read everything before you post. He had been clean for 4 years.

The guys on the show last night said that Eddie was a born again Christian and spent a lot of his spare time talking with and helping the other guys out. Batista said that Eddie had been helping him work through some tough personal stuff.[/QUOTE]I did read. Eightlives posted it while I was typing (I got sidetracked for a minute so I didnt see it.) But I think a routine check-up would have revealed heart damage because of his drug use and may have prevented an early death.

Manda

wwe tragedy...

Not always. My uncle walked around for 8 months with blood gushing into his lungs, because the douche bag doctors he went to kept writing it off as some sort of respiratory infection or something. On his last legs, he tried one more doctor who happened to catch the problem and sent him to surgery. My mother went up to see him before he went in, and honestly did not expect him to be around 24 hrs. later.

Sometimes they catch it and you get lucky (if you\'d really call it that) like my uncle, or you die.

KY Jim

wwe tragedy...

Yeah, I\'m VERY skeptical of doctors in general, JUST BECAUSE of shit like that. Like the OB/GYN locally who refuses to do hysterectomies on women with polycystic ovary. Oh YEAH, he\'s GLAD to do surgery on you every 2 or 3 years to remove the cysts, but if he did the hysterectomy, you wouldn\'t have to PAY him for removing the cysts anymore. And he occasionally likes to leave the odd surgical instrument INSIDE his patients.Our next-door neighbor was one of his patients, 2 ops so far. He had her scheduled for a third, and she asked him , merely ASKED him if she might have PCOS. He yelled at her about \'second-guessing\' him, and discharged her from the ICU, and removed her from his patient list. Obviously he\'s using the underprivileged women hereabouts as mere Cyst Farms, so he gets obscenely rich from Medicaid. And he knows he won\'t get caught because around here, Doctors, Lawyers, and Cops are Gods, and never questioned. And these poor bucket-heads are too dumb to read up on their own ailments, for the most part. The guy on the dozer in my pics recently lost his 3-month old granddaughter, who was born 8 weeks( I think) early. They kept her in the hospital for THREE DAYS and sent her home, to die of pneumonia. PhD =Piled Higher and Deeper.
KY Jim

danistanggt

wwe tragedy...

sounds like the hospital here in putnam county.... my friens\'s 1 1/2 yr old kid hurt his leg, they took him to the local hosptial. they said he was fine... 2 days later they took him to a nearby hendricks county and the kid came home with a cast, cause his little leg was broke!!!!

KY Jim

wwe tragedy...

Damn, I thought only dumb hillbillies had to put up with medical incompetence!