• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Mystery loss of coolant without leaks

JJ SMNOW

Mystery loss of coolant without leaks is what I have on my 2004 Town Car.
I checked the oil and it appears there is no coolant in it.
No sweet smells of coolant through the heater or defroster,or wet floor.
No leaks underneath.
It looses about 10 oz of coolant every 500 miles.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks.

LTC1997

Before I replaced the manifold on my '97 TC, it leaked about that amount but never dripped down since it was mostly evaporating off of the top of the engine block underneath the manifold.
This went on for a couple of months before I located the problem by smell with the hood open immediately after driving the car. Eventually I located thedrip point where I could see coolant leaking, but it only leaked during warm-up, beginning a few minutes after starting the car, and stopped leaking a few minutes later.

VicOwner2018

Is you cooling fan on the radiator working OK?

Temp always in the middle or does it run high sometimes?

This video show a TC that apparently was running a little hot and it pumped out coolant through the overflow.

HTML