Lincoln Forums Navigation:
  • We've set up for the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules - and all viewers will need to agree to the privacy policy and terms of use. Everyone is probably used to this by now - but I thought I'd let you know in advance... Close this box by clicking the X at the right...

My Continental

Thread starter #141
You have an excellent dealership to exactly meet your needs on scheduling and timing, I am impressed.

Thanks for the update.
Around here most dealerships schedule a time an generally do work on that schedule. When my dealer has a problem or they are running late I am advised. It is a rare occurrence.
I always joke with them thst if I need a loaner because of their delay , I also get a credit card with a high limit from whomever so I can go shopping to spend my time while they finish the work on my cat.
The first time I said that the advisor came up with an alternate plan to get my car in right away! Guess he didn't want me to go shopping?
The Ford Lincoln dealer has always been a wonderful place to get service. They are prompt and thorough.they do excellent work!

Thread starter #142
Just had an interesting thing happen. I was driving home from the store and I put all the windows down. I put up the front windows and then when I put up the rear windows the Nav screen and then the entire screen went black. As I drove the screen clouds came on with the word Continental. It took several more seconds for the nav and the radio to return. However my phone would not connect. When I got home I turned off the car and then restarted it. All returned OK. I don't know what happened or if it will happen again. Maybe it's the heat here?
Taking it to the dealer will not do any good because it is not happening again. I tried the same thing and nothing happened. So it was once and done or what. Technology does strange things!!!

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
It sounds like you turned the engine off and then turned it back on. In your case it seems the Sync3 turned off and then turned back on and should be reported to your dealer even if it is not repeatable for now. Your dealer will have access to the Ford OASIS system that logs problems and escalates the problems to engineering and records solutions. The engineers work on problems with the most dire consequences and the most frequently occurring, so every event helps build a picture. Your dealer can also talk to engineering about a problem and it helps if it is recorded into OASIS.

It sounds like all other systems were working correctly, like windows operation, dash gauges and messages, power steering, and driving along normally, etc.

Good luck.

Thread starter #144
I mentioned the problem to my husband. He has a Terrain Denali. He said it happened twice to him when he tried to place a call. The screen went black momentarily and then re-booted itself so he could place a call. He thinks it is a problem with the SINC system. Interesting that a similar problem occurred with a Lincoln and a GMC product.
I need to get my car washed today so when I go to the dealer I will mention it to the service manager and see what he has to say.

Thread starter #145
Came back with my newly washed Lincoln . Looks great! Plus they even did the mats inside!
I asked the service director about my occurrence with the screen going black and then returning like it was re-booting. He said the computer controls that and on some timetable does this . I don't know why it did this Shen I was putting up my rear windows but he said it could happen at any time. I really am not sure about this answer!

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
The answer does not seem reasonable. It has never happened on my car so far.

The Sync3 will download any new version when it is hooked up to your wi-fi or whatever you set up your phone connection with. That I was expecting to happen at home because I don't use a data connection in the car, so it cannot happen on the road.

How is your phone connected for internet access and was it connected at the time?

Good luck.

Thread starter #147
My phone is WIFI and it was not connected at the time. When it happens to my husband's Terrain his phone is connected but it seems only to happen when he places a call. Maybe it's a Verizon thing! It has never happened when my phone is connected.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
My phone is WIFI and it was not connected at the time. When it happens to my husband's Terrain his phone is connected but it seems only to happen when he places a call. Maybe it's a Verizon thing! It has never happened when my phone is connected.
Well that ends the update theory. The SYNC 3 is based upon the QNX software by BlackBerry and is supposed to simplify the overly complicated first two generations of SYNC using software by Microsoft.

I heard that QNX is a very good company in electronics and software and were taken over by BlackBerry. A little disappointing to hear of reliability issues when the system is so good. Although the Nav maps could be made more up to date.

Good luck with your system and I hope the problem does not return.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Do you think the Nav updates will be free or require a payment? After all, this is a Lincoln Continental.
The updates are listed at $149 for me, so probably cheaper for you. We have the latest update I think since no update offered when I checked. The latest developments in my area are not available but everything else seems to work well for me. No trouble finding a route.

Good luck.

Thread starter #152
Just completed my third survey from Lincoln via their survey company Strategic Vision. It was guide involved asking questions about my life style and car likes and dislikes. As to my next purchase or lease. It also asked what my thoughts were on different car brands from Masarati to Hundai. My preferences on color and features and so on and so on. Very interesting survey. It took about 35 minutes to complete it.
I don't know if anyone else has been getting these surveys. Anyone else?

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Just completed my third survey from Lincoln via their survey company Strategic Vision. It was guide involved asking questions about my life style and car likes and dislikes. As to my next purchase or lease. It also asked what my thoughts were on different car brands from Masarati to Hundai. My preferences on color and features and so on and so on. Very interesting survey. It took about 35 minutes to complete it.
I don't know if anyone else has been getting these surveys. Anyone else?
I was asked to complete 3 surveys: JD Power; DesRossiers and NVCS (Canada). None of them seemed interested in my car or what I felt about it. More marketing junk. I never put much faith in those survey results and now I know why.

Thread starter #154
The survey had one curious part. It asked a lot of questions about the brand Hundai. I don't know why. I think this survey in particular was more of a questioning as to why I bought this car and what I will do next.
Just read a headline that Cadillac is thinking of reducing the number of cars that they have in favor of SUVs. All brands like Ford, GM and FCA were down except for a Toyota and one other brand.
What will happen to the Lincoln Continental? My lease is up in less than a year and I don't know what is next.
Lincoln is pursuing a case against the Chinese company Lynk & Co. for similarity in the sound of the name.

Last edited:

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
The survey had one curious part. It asked a lot of questions about the brand Hundai. I don't know why. I think this survey in particular was more of a questioning as to why I bought this car and what I will do next.
Just read a headline that Cadillac is thinking of reducing the number of cars that they have in favor of SUVs. All brands like Ford, GM and FCA were down except for a Toyota and one other brand.
What will happen to the Lincoln Continental? My lease is up in less than a year and I don't know what is next.
Lincoln is pursuing a case against the company Link & Co. for similarity in the sound of the name.
So what does Link & Co make, and what is the name that is similar to Continental? Perhaps Bentley Continental since they are always at logger heads with Lincoln?

Thread starter #156
I think it is the sound of the name when it is said. It is not about Continental but the Lincoln name. I do not know what the sell but apparently Lincoln does not want it for the sake of confusion. Try saying the name.... Lynk & Co. .... and see what they mean.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I think it is the sound of the name when it is said. It is not about Continental but the Lincoln name. I do not know what the sell but apparently Lincoln does not want it for the sake of confusion. Try saying the name.... Lynk & Co. .... and see what they mean.
Wikipedia has the answer to what the Chinese company sells and how it does it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynk_&_Co There is a whole lot of garbage on how the name fits their mission. I don't see why Lincoln would help their marketing effort that way.

Thread starter #158
I really don't know why Lincoln feels that they need to stop the use of the name. It is their legal team. Other than when you say it , I guess that it is also a car selling company and Lincoln doesn't want confusion. There have been many names that sound similar and were not allowed to be used as a register name. So Lincoln does have a reason for concern.
The only way it has become known and as you said helping the Chinese company get known , is thru the internet reporting it.

Thread starter #159
Just had to say about my Conti. This past week I have had 5 people , 4 men and 1 woman telling me what a beautiful car I have. These were people passing by as I was closing or opening my trunk to load items. Three of them asked what brand it was . They could not see the side of the car nor the word on the trunk. I don't know why it was happening most recently.
The last was a man in his early thirties. I opened the driver's door and told him to sit in. He was ecstatic. He thanked me and said the feel inside was so great! He said he could feel the luxury.
Most of these occurred not near my house but at least 20 miles away in another county where I was shopping. Even when my car is the only one in an area they still asked what brand it was. When I was leaving the store I saw my car in the distance and did see how beautiful it looked!
WOW!

Ditto on the surveys. I started to fill one out, then after 15-20 minutes or so, I saw I was nowhere near finished, so I canceled it out. After that, I just delited them. If I'm sent a paper survey, I'll fill it out. Nothing more than 5 minutes worth.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML