Lincoln Forums Navigation:
  • We've set up for the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules - and all viewers will need to agree to the privacy policy and terms of use. Everyone is probably used to this by now - but I thought I'd let you know in advance... Close this box by clicking the X at the right...

My Continental

Thread starter #41
Good luck, I know your anticipation has been as high as mine. Ordered back in May and was given schedule for my new Continental being build and completed on 19 Sept. Received a call from sales manager last Tuesday, 18 Oct, to tell me that he had checked on status of delivery and was told that my car was held with other completed due to recall problem from production run. He said that he was told that they would have to replace all the cars in that run and would start rebuild on 21 Nov. He said that they would try to find similar cars in scheduled production and replace it with cars for retail customers that were caught up in this issue. I received email yesterday saying that mine would now be built on 9 Nov and it should arrive at dealership week of 27 Nov. Hopefully I will get my early Dec. Really been a long haul of ups and downs. Don't want it to take away the joy of finally getting it.
I don't know where you live but as I was re-reading your post , I think your sales manager was more correct than I thought. After all , you may get your Continental before I get mine depending on where you live! Since I have my VIN, I asked the concierge to check and she said that it was NOT in transit. She also added that she would get back to me with any updates after Nov 17. Note the date!

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Thread starter #43
Here it is Nov. 30----any updates???
Well, the wait is over! I finally got my car yesterday. There weather was not co-operating since it was pouring rain. Driving the car for the first time was a great experience. Compared to my MKS which was a great car, the Conti is is much more comfortable ride. We drove over the same streets that I was just on and the difference was very noticeable. The salesman went over all of the features which are so numerous to go into here but I fell in love with the trunk release by my foot both open and close with either fob or my foot. Very cool! The screen shows no fingerprints and is located lower so sun glare should not be a problem. The Continental looks very sleek and the black velvet color is definitely a deeper black then on the MKS. I could go on and on and on ..... There was some paperwork left in the car so I know it was built Nov 4. Something else that I found was there was a $750 bonus in my name because of my interest in the beginning and my early order request . It was direct from Lincoln and applied to my deal. The salesman gave me a gift basket with Lincoln items from both himself and the sales manager.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Thread starter #47
Just as soon as it stops raining pictures will come. In fact I came back from the dealer and asked to have my car washed because yesterday when I test drove it and then took it home , the car was not picture worthy. Now it is clean and in the garage fir pictures hopefully tomorrow.

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
Beautiful!!

Question: How is the ride quality? Noticed in your first picture how low the tire profile is. That's the only major complaint I have with my MKT. The low profile has very little 'cushion' against road imperfections.

Pasadena Lady

Pennsylvania
Thread starter #56
OK , the results.... before accepting the Continental both myself and my husband drove it on the same bumpy street about 4 blocks long. This is the same street we just drove the MKS. I noticed the difference immediately as far as the ride. My husband concurred. The ride was definetly smoother and yet both cars were in SPORT. The curb weight is 4224 for the Continental as 4374 for the MKS. I prefer to get some feel of the road when I drive. Maybe it is because of the 20 inch wheel option that is on the car that helps the drive? Any other questions .... I'll be glad to answer.

Thread starter #60
I was really surprised thst there is no labeling on the rear deck except for the word LINCOLN. I cannot believe that the Continental name is only on the sides. Except for anyone thst can recognize the look of the Continental from the rear they only know it is a Lincoln. Am I making a fuss about nothing?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML