Lincoln Forums Navigation:

MKT stalling at slow speeds

leandro

Thread starter #1
Here again, so my 2014 MKT livery pkg is kind bad at slow speeds it is stalling and there is no check engine light or code. I already put injector cleaner in gas but no change. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Why did you put injector cleaner? Lincoln strongly advises against putting any additives. So does my mechanic. Anyhow, did you replace battery recently? You have to perform a sequence of steps after battery replacement so the car learns the idle RPM.

leandro

Thread starter #3
hello, i didn't know about putting additives, a mechanic told me to. nways, I did replace battery recent, but even before replacing it, it was stalling, seems got worse. what steps do i need to take after replacing battery?
thanks

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
Shot in the dark, but occasionally my tranny has trouble shifting from 2nd to 1st. That could cause a possible stall. Topping off the tranny fluid (not an easy task, as it's under the air filter) cures it for 6+ months.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Follow these steps to complete an Idle Relearn:
With vehicle at a complete stop, set the parking brake.
Put gearshift in "P" (Park), turn off all accessories.
Run the engine until it reaches normal operating temperature. 10-15 minutes.
Allow engine to idle for at least one minute.
Turn the air conditioning on and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
Release the parking break. With your foot on the brake pedal and the A/C still on, put the vehicle in "D" (Drive) and allow the engine to idle for at least one minute.
Drive the vehicle to complete the relearning process. Just make sure you drive easy for the first 30 miles, so the PCM can re-learn and adapt to your driving style.

SGilbert

South Bend, IN
Came across this while researching torque converter lockup which will be addressed tomorrow at the dealership.

Torque converter clutch solenoid – The torque converter clutch solenoid is an electronic component that controls the amount of fluid that is passed on to the torque converter clutch. If it malfunctions, too much or too little fluid will be released which will cause abnormal fluid pressures. This will lead to irregular behavior such as poor fuel economy and stalling.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML