• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

MKT MODS

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Curious, I have seen some videos on a "Lock Pick" wiring harness that does all of the by passing, however no reliable info on where to get the product...can you help out with a source?
I got it from my audio shop. He ordered it over the phone. Took a couple days to arrive. It was relatively cheap. I dont remember now but I'd say $150 installed.

animusmalice

Hi all, figured I'd share my MKT experience. Proud owner of a 2010 Lincoln MKT AWD Ecoboost w/ THX package (DVD headrests, 600-watt speaker system).

Vehicle is a rocket-ship as far as power/torque goes, that's for sure. I constantly question whether they needed to put as much power as they did into the ecoboost, but it's definitely great to have it!

The speaker system is amazing if you get the upgrade, but there are a lot of safety measures Ford/Lincoln take to prevent hearing damage and speaker damage. I had to unplug my rear-view mirror to disable a feature that was detecting high decibels when playing certain songs on maximum volume (I like my music LOUD. Sorry.) Massive bass roll-off (for all types of music I'm talking Elton John too for christ sake come on lincoln you have the speakers and the sub just give them some more power they sound excellent if you feed them more).

Did the wood-grain skin all throughout the car, has held up for years. Next upgrade after that was radar detector and a nice compustar remote starter/car alarm combo (to be fair the car came with remote start) and also rainguards (lifesaver).

Then the fun began.

Paired an LC2i Line-out converter w/ Accubass control to reduce the bass 'roll-off', as I would turn my rap music loud the bass would get quieter... with a Sundown SAE-2000D monoblock amplifier powering 2 Sundown SA-12 (12") 4-ohm DVC subwoofers wired down to a 1-ohm load inside a ported 3cu ft enclosure tuned to 32hz. Broke a lot of little things in the car (it's under warranty still) tail light completely loose and rattles/shakes/dances, tailgate button in back doesn't work, panels coming loose. Too much bass. Love it.

Blew a sub. It happens, a terminal malfunctioned on one sub and too much power went to the other and blew it. Swapping them out for 2 Sundown SA-15 (15") 4-ohm DVC subwoofers wired down to a 1-ohm load inside a ported 7cu ft enclosure tuned to 32hz.

Added a Sundown SAE-50.4 50-watt x 4-channel amplifier powering all of the 6x9 speakers, as well as the front and rear tweeters, not powering the 'speaker slot array' in the center, letting the stock amp power that. Have a distribution block for splitting my 0-gauge OFC wire power, 3 Farad capacitor (don't hate) and 35% tint on the front, rest of it stock blacked out limo tint.

^ Video of inside of the car at maximum volume (With the 2 12" subwoofers on 2kw) BEFORE the SAE50.4 upgrade

^ Video of outside of the car at high-ish volume (With the SAE50.4 powering nearly all the THX speakers) NO subwoofers in this video, still waiting for my 15" subwoofers to come in. (Sorry for car being dirty, was in middle of upgrading stuff)

Now tell me, what have you done with YOUR lincoln?
P.S. hit me up Matthew McConaughey let's make a REAL commercial for Lincoln!

Last edited:

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Hi all, figured I'd share my MKT experience. Proud owner of a 2010 Lincoln MKT AWD Ecoboost w/ THX package (DVD headrests, 600-watt speaker system).

View attachment 6671

Vehicle is a rocket-ship as far as power/torque goes, that's for sure. I constantly question whether they needed to put as much power as they did into the ecoboost, but it's definitely great to have it!

The speaker system is amazing if you get the upgrade, but there are a lot of safety measures Ford/Lincoln take to prevent hearing damage and speaker damage. I had to unplug my rear-view mirror to disable a feature that was detecting high decibels when playing certain songs on maximum volume (I like my music LOUD. Sorry.) Massive bass roll-off (for all types of music I'm talking Elton John too for christ sake come on lincoln you have the speakers and the sub just give them some more power they sound excellent if you feed them more).

Did the wood-grain skin all throughout the car, has held up for years. Next upgrade after that was radar detector and a nice compustar remote starter/car alarm combo (to be fair the car came with remote start) and also rainguards (lifesaver).

View attachment 6669

Then the fun began.

Paired an LC2i Line-out converter w/ Accubass control to reduce the bass 'roll-off', as I would turn my rap music loud the bass would get quieter... with a Sundown SAE-2000D monoblock amplifier powering 2 Sundown SA-12 (12") 4-ohm DVC subwoofers wired down to a 1-ohm load inside a ported 3cu ft enclosure tuned to 32hz. Broke a lot of little things in the car (it's under warranty still) tail light completely loose and rattles/shakes/dances, tailgate button in back doesn't work, panels coming loose. Too much bass. Love it.

View attachment 6670

Blew a sub. It happens, a terminal malfunctioned on one sub and too much power went to the other and blew it. Swapping them out for 2 Sundown SA-15 (15") 4-ohm DVC subwoofers wired down to a 1-ohm load inside a ported 7cu ft enclosure tuned to 32hz.

Added a Sundown SAE-50.4 50-watt x 4-channel amplifier powering all of the 6x9 speakers, as well as the front and rear tweeters, not powering the 'speaker slot array' in the center, letting the stock amp power that. Have a distribution block for splitting my 0-gauge OFC wire power, 3 Farad capacitor (don't hate) and 35% tint on the front, rest of it stock blacked out limo tint.

^ Video of inside of the car at maximum volume (With the 2 12" subwoofers on 2kw) BEFORE the SAE50.4 upgrade

^ Video of outside of the car at high-ish volume (With the SAE50.4 powering nearly all the THX speakers) NO subwoofers in this video, still waiting for my 15" subwoofers to come in. (Sorry for car being dirty, was in middle of upgrading stuff)

Now tell me, what have you done with YOUR lincoln?
P.S. hit me up Matthew McConaughey let's make a REAL commercial for Lincoln!
Can you show the exact place/part to remove the decible meter/measure in the mirror? I am also really unhappy with the loudness or shrill voice when it comes to playing music loud. I love my music loud as well (not over bass for sure. Dont like shakes/vibrations througout making things lose eventually).

I am somehow never really happy with the THX. Its not loud enough as well as suffer higher pitch playback issues. I have tried higher and crisper bitrates hoping for better sound but the THX fails at it.

animusmalice

Can you show the exact place/part to remove the decible meter/measure in the mirror? I am also really unhappy with the loudness or shrill voice when it comes to playing music loud. I love my music loud as well (not over bass for sure. Dont like shakes/vibrations througout making things lose eventually).

I am somehow never really happy with the THX. Its not loud enough as well as suffer higher pitch playback issues. I have tried higher and crisper bitrates hoping for better sound but the THX fails at it.
On vacation right now so I can't grab a picture of it, it's the braided cable plugged into the rear of the rearview mirror, unplug with a clip similar to a GPU power cable on a computer, make sure to press clip in so you don't break it when pulling the cable out, made a big difference for my sound.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
On vacation right now so I can't grab a picture of it, it's the braided cable plugged into the rear of the rearview mirror, unplug with a clip similar to a GPU power cable on a computer, make sure to press clip in so you don't break it when pulling the cable out, made a big difference for my sound.
No problem. My car is still in the body shop for a week. I will wait for your picture. Just need to make sure to plug it in when its going back to lincoln. I hope this does not cause any flags to trigger or set.

HTML