• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MKT MODS

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
mine are painted but they are visible in proper lighting. This picture is the only one I have for the side profile. It just has to be a really contrasting color to the wheels. Also, red calipers (brake grade paint/enamel) is fine... Please dont put a Brembo Sticker :) I am a big hater of upbadging anything on your car :)

Attachments

Looker

Haha no stickers don’t worry 😂 Probably will do red. Do you think I will have to take the calibers off completely to do it?

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Haha no stickers don’t worry 😂 Probably will do red. Do you think I will have to take the calibers off completely to do it?
Is you do it yourself, remove it to avoid any overspray. With your white, the red does pop well. I have a office collegue who has done this on his Pearl white Toyota Highlander... infact our ecoboosts atleast have 80 more horsepower to deserve the Red calipers. The ideal way you could go, you do Red brake paint and then have Red reflectors with a Lincoln Logo/No logo on them for night time pop!

If you plan to go for Enamel based paint, they take a long time to cure but hold up much much better to the heat. Mine are just Plastidipped with a clear coat spray but they have held up fine for the last 6K miles. If you want to do it better, use this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-Caliper-Paint/17130264?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227010288784&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=63354393648&wl4=pla-89836524528&wl5=9028723&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=17130264&wl13=&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIio-_oLzj3gIV0UoNCh3raA56EAQYAyABEgIb2_D_BwE

I did not find the right color hence I had to go the plastidip route. The Rustoleum is rated to 900 F! Plastidip is with the enamel mix is rated for less than half the temperature (which is also fine!)

Looker

Was thinking yellow to as it ties in with my black and yellow license plate. But I’ve never liked yellow. Will use high temp red 👍

“Red reflectors with a Lincoln Logo/No logo on them for night time pop!”

What reflectors do you mean and where? Your not trying to make my car a Vanilla Ice project are you lol

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
LoL no. Everybody on the roads today anyways does not understand the looks of our MKTs might as well not make them bad.
by Red relectors I meant, 3M RADIUM Reflective tapes. They are available in red. They can go right over your calipers. You can cut them in liconl logo or have it cut that way from a decal place. They will be red in the day and wont be very visible but in the night when they reflect someones light, your brake calipers will pop/reflect.

1542736263272.png

Looker

Re mods. I saw this car the other day and had to stop to take a pic. It looked super sharp and wondered what an MKT would look like done that way.

21308F4D-CCAE-476C-8E7D-4CCF0FB1D741.jpeg

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I am a big fan of only a max of 2 colors. This has 3, Chrome/Copper/Black/white lettering.. but it this is also very tasteful and somehow does suit the infiniti. Infiniti does look sporty. Our MKTs look no where close to sporty. Just are just "boaty-comfy-classy-oldschool-wagons"

Looker

I think the white lettering on tires makes it pop. Love the flat black accents with the smoked tail lights. MKT a Boaty-Wagon and not sporty mmm nahhh.

Looker

Looks good Sagar! What do we have in our stock headlights before you changed? Is it brighter and whiter now?

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Looks good Sagar! What do we have in our stock headlights before you changed? Is it brighter and whiter now?
Yes its much brighter now. I do see the fogs have almost 3-4 times the throw compared to previous fog light throw. The stock Headlights on out MKTs is 4300K - 5000K which is a yellowish white and fog lights are proper 3000K which is prety yellow (Close to halogen lights color).

I changed everything to 6000K. This is basically the whitest light, anything above 6000K stars becoming bluish.. Even the lights inside my car have become 6K white. Although the interior is very bright, I may swap back to regular bulbs in the front if I cant get used to the brightness inside.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
What are the bulb numbers you used for the head/fog lights and interior lights? Are the interior bulbs dimable, or do they just turn on and off (not theatre style)?
\]

The iterior bulbs do dim most of the newer style LEDs bulbs dim unlike the older ones which would just switch off if the the signal reduced a little. I just had the person changing the headlights go ahead and do the interior lights as well (extra 15 dollars!) I know the headlights are D3S bulbs. They are super tricky to get to so I did not do it myself. The Fogs are H11 but I changed them and got an HID kit installed.

Driving at night, I have a very very wide beam with the fogs (they are projectors so I dont blind anyone).

jct66

Does anyone know what is the light bulb model number for all of the interior light???

Better yet, does anyone has a entire list of the light bulb model including Tail Lights, Third Break Lights...

Thx,

jwc2tha3

I have the headrest monitors in 2nd row and have a bypass for the front screen. So my front screen plays movies and allows pressing keys while in motion. Also have all LED interior lights, puddle lights, license plate lights.
Curious, I have seen some videos on a "Lock Pick" wiring harness that does all of the by passing, however no reliable info on where to get the product...can you help out with a source?

HTML