• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MKT MODS

Looker

Im getting close to starting some mods on my 2015 MKT AWD. Anyone else planning modifications or already did so? Please post some pics or ideas.

Mods I’m doing.

*Tint front windows
*Smoke front and rear lights. Not too dark.
*Have my nav screen mirror my waze app on iPhone. Would be nice to also play movies on the front screen. Still reading up on all that.
*LED daytime running lights
*Lincoln logo puddle lights
*lowering springs maybe
*Custom grill?
*microwave 😂

Lowered MKT’s
1597D913-50BE-416F-9223-4F2BA8C88DF5.jpeg1B7C6E61-4991-4983-94BC-8861D28B23A6.jpeg33BFD02B-EF6E-4DDD-B7FF-B8FD7FE11EB8.jpeg

Last edited:

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
If you have the EcoBoost with adaptive suspension, it could be tricky lowering it.

I’m planning to tint front windows, and might add LED DRLs. I have VentShades that just came, but have to wait for warmer weather to install them.

Looker

Lowering isn’t high on my list and thanks for the info.

What are VentShades?

If you have the EcoBoost with adaptive suspension, it could be tricky lowering it.

I’m planning to tint front windows, and might add LED DRLs. I have VentShades that just came, but have to wait for warmer weather to in

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Im getting close to starting some mods on my 2015 MKT AWD. Anyone else planning modifications or already did so? Please post some pics or ideas.

Mods I’m doing.

*Tint front windows
*Smoke front and rear lights. Not too dark.
*Have my nav screen mirror my waze app on iPhone. Would be nice to also play movies on the front screen. Still reading up on all that.
*LED daytime running lights
*Lincoln logo puddle lights
*lowering springs maybe
*Custom grill?
*microwave 😂

Lowered MKT’s
View attachment 5865View attachment 5866View attachment 5867
I did check on Lowering the MKT but with the adaptive damping on my 2016, I am really not sure how much it would screw with the warranty and the system itself. I do have white LED puddle lights on mine, Have lights tinted and Wheels powedercoated black along with vintage gold trim. No Interior mods yet.

I did drop in a K&N drop in filter inside the ecoboost but all I hear it different sound nothing else as such. It definitely must be adding maybe 1 HP lol..

Attachments

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I already did the FOGs with 6K HIDs and that has helped lighting a lot. Might want to think about it when tinting your headlights a little. Also, our FOG lights dont blind others because they are projectors. Hence dont listen to folks who say its not right to keep your fogs on!

I am not sure what to do about the DRLs, I have not found a good looking light strip which would be a nice permenant install. Still searching. I am also trying to get my fronts tinted to match but its a long and expnsive job as they are pre tinted on mine (just not color matched to the rear!)

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I really wanted the Inchannel ones! These ones are stick on and with my trim being Vintage gold, it does not allign well. Have you had any luck with Inchannel?
Look at my post for AVS/LUND Ventshades. You could do what I did, and just paint the chrome 3M trim the same color gold you used. I don’t think anyone makes in-channel for the MKT. It’s hard enough to find any at all.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Look at my post for AVS/LUND Ventshades. You could do what I did, and just paint the chrome 3M trim the same color gold you used. I don’t think anyone makes in-channel for the MKT. It’s hard enough to find any at all.
I will have to look into that! I did just check that post! So wont hijack this post for vent visors. I am just not a fan of stick on ones. They always lose adhesion through washes and super fluctuating weather in Colorado!

vinaygoel2000

Houston
I have the headrest monitors in 2nd row and have a bypass for the front screen. So my front screen plays movies and allows pressing keys while in motion. Also have all LED interior lights, puddle lights, license plate lights.

Looker

@Sagar810

Did you tint your lights or spray on? What darkness? I don’t want to go too dark and affect my lights. Yours look good.

I usually have my parking lights on during the day with my fogs on. Looking to add a LED light strip somewhere in front grill.

Although I like the sound of a mean engine I like how quiet this car is and want to keep it that way. I read that engine noise is pipped in through speakers? If so I want to cancel that. Will the ford service do this?

“Modify: second character in second set should be 0 to disable fake engine noise.

Fake engine noise disable ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx”

Last edited:

Looker

Does the factory front screen play movies? Haven’t tried that.

I have the headrest monitors in 2nd row and have a bypass for the front screen. So my front screen plays movies and allows pressing keys while in motion. Also have all LED interior lights, puddle lights, license plate lights.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
@Sagar810

Did you tint your lights or spray on? What darkness? I don’t want to go too dark and affect my lights. Yours look good.

I usually have my parking lights on during the day with my fogs on. Looking to add a LED light strip somewhere in front grill.

Although I like the sound of a mean engine I like how quiet this car is and want to keep it that way. I read that engine noise is pipped in through speakers? If so I want to cancel that. Will the ford service do this?

“Modify: second character in second set should be 0 to disable fake engine noise.

Fake engine noise disable ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx”
I sprayed on the lights. I can resand it and get it lighter. I infact did make the headlights just a shade lighter. Also, I got it done through a professional body/cutomization shop. Its almost a darker tint towards the edges than the center so I have maximum output from the light while keeping the custom look. For the tailights, they are quite dark but they hardly have any output deterioration thanks to the leds! I did make sure to not tint over the LED strips in the middle portion as they are not very bright compared to the lights outside.

Also, the engine noise in every ecoboost is piped in somehow. I dont know if they pipe it in through the speakers or not. I just heard the car from outside after install with revving when the engine warmed up. I had two different videos as well which was a definite difference.

whatsupdoc

Several manufacturers using turbo charged engines pipe in engine noise through the audio system because they are so quiet. Similar to piping in white noise on internet or VoIP phone calls so one doesn't think they got disconnected because it's "too quiet". The same for engines, if they're too quiet some might think they stopped running altogether lol

whatsupdoc

I already did the FOGs with 6K HIDs and that has helped lighting a lot. Might want to think about it when tinting your headlights a little. Also, our FOG lights dont blind others because they are projectors. Hence don't listen to folks who say its not right to keep your fogs on!

I am not sure what to do about the DRLs, I have not found a good looking light strip which would be a nice permanent install. Still searching. I am also trying to get my fronts tinted to match but its a long and expensive job as they are pre tinted on mine (just not color matched to the rear!)
I'm very interested also in making the FOG lights better and adding LED lighting to the headlamps and LED Lincoln logo puddle lights, rear license plate LED lights and possibly drilling holes in the inner door handles and installing LED lights on the inside of the inner handles too. Are the fog lights a drop in solution or does it take a real modification to make that happen?

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I'm very interested also in making the FOG lights better and adding LED lighting to the headlamps and LED Lincoln logo puddle lights, rear license plate LED lights and possibly drilling holes in the inner door handles and installing LED lights on the inside of the inner handles too. Are the fog lights a drop in solution or does it take a real modification to make that happen?
First thing, dont do LEDs if you want proper light throw. Our lights are projectors and LEDs are not designed to have best throw in combination with projector. They appear brighter but dont have throw. I have installed and seen them in comparison to HIDs side by side. HIDs the best color to match your headlights would be 5000k I did not get 5000k so I went with 6000K which is more white than the headlight color from factory. 5000k is best lighting color for all conditions. Having said that, HIDs will need a balast to be installed as well. It is part of the kit and can be zip tied or drilled to your liking in the bumper. They are waterproof and shockproof so they are totally fine there.

Puddle lights, LINCOLN LOGO puddle lights which I order were 48 dollars a pair, no matter what you do they are not SHARP enough. They dont provide any light/illumination as well, the ones that come on newer lincolns are actually sharp. The aftermarket just cannot keep up. It almost looks very cheap aftermarket. Best is to swap them with LEDs.

I am really looking for a solution to have classy DRLs which look as if they came from factory just have not found anything online.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Thankyou @Looker. I have tried so many different lighting products over the years and being an Electronics engineer myself, I really have taken a lot of interest. Dont want anyone to fall for the fact that LEDs are the way to go. While they are the future (Actually thats Laser lighting), they are no comparison for functionality and light output for a quality HID light especially in a Projector housing.

Do you plan to tune your MKT? If I have enough extra to spend then the next big mod/functional mod will be Slotted rotors and Akibono Pads for me. They get eaten up faster but they work atleast 40-50% better than stock setup.

Looker

I don’t plan to do much performance mods. But I was thinking about just painting my brake calipers. Not sure if it would be noticible enough to make the effort. But I like the look.
8891ED58-6267-402C-BCE5-7C8753162F60.jpeg

HTML