• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MKT and Flex To Be Discontinued

whatsupdoc

Me too - in hindsight if I had waited til now I could have bought one new for about 6-7K less - that's how much they've been discounted so now is the time to pick up a new one!

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Very disappointing. This news has been doing rounds for a while now. I really fell in love with the FLEX ever since it came out... The Lincoln just was a much more rational decision because of warranty and added comfort features/seats....

The Aviator is just not the same charm/quirkiness as the MKT or FLEX although if there was a Lincoln I would buy after this, it would be the Aviator.

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
Yea I was surprised that the one thing I wanted improvement in the MKT would be 3rd row leg and head room. Aviator has less leg room and head room than MKT in 3rd row.
I guess the logic for them is, if you have the ability to spend 75K on the aviator.. but have the need for 3rd row use on a regular basis, you will have the ease to stretch to 85-90K and get into a navigator.. :)

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
Yea I was surprised that the one thing I wanted improvement in the MKT would be 3rd row leg and head room. Aviator has less leg room and head room than MKT in 3rd row.
LESS headroom than the MKT? That sounds almost impossible. I’m only 5’9”, and I have to bend my neck to the side to fit in the 3rd row. I could see it maybe having a little less than the Flex, but to say less than the MKT seems like a huge mistake on Ford’s part, if true. It’s really only useful for anyone under 5’5” tall.

jcaesar

The dealership where my MKT is serviced indicated to me yesterday the MKT and Flex are being discontinued. They are correct:

Hi. I think I read that the MKT will continue at least another year, but as a fleet only vehicle.

vinaygoel2000

Houston
LESS headroom than the MKT? That sounds almost impossible. I’m only 5’9”, and I have to bend my neck to the side to fit in the 3rd row. I could see it maybe having a little less than the Flex, but to say less than the MKT seems like a huge mistake on Ford’s part, if true. It’s really only useful for anyone under 5’5” tall.
I'm 5-11 but have long legs and small torso so I can fit without bending my neck. My head touches the headliner though. Even with 2nd row all the way front, my legs are crammed in 3rd row. I'll be keeping my 2015 MKT as long as I can.

Jim5506

Ford dropped the ball on both of these vehicles. Failed to promote them even when they were better than the SUV versions. So now buyers have to settle for a truck ride instead of a sedan ride for a large SUV. PITTY!

HTML