MKS Yearly Production Dates Where Find?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Anybody know where to find the yearly production date ranges for the MKS? My MKS was built on October 26, 2015 and it's a 2015 model! I find that strange because I always thought that the production year used to end in August or September of the year. Maybe mine is a late 2015 or almost an early 2016? Anyway just some thoughts about it.

Jaskim06

Anybody know where to find the yearly production date ranges for the MKS? My MKS was built on October 26, 2015 and it's a 2015 model! I find that strange because I always thought that the production year used to end in August or September of the year. Maybe mine is a late 2015 or almost an early 2016? Anyway just some thoughts about it.
Used to be any auto made after the middle of the year was next model year. So a October of 2015 was actually a 2016 model. Idk. Stuff that's been easy and standard gets changed now that we live in a time where we are expected to toss broke stuff and buy new!!

Used to be any auto made after the middle of the year was next model year. So a October of 2015 was actually a 2016 model. Idk. Stuff that's been easy and standard gets changed now that we live in a time where we are expected to toss broke stuff and buy new!!
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. I just wanted to know the date when 2016 production on the MKS began. I cannot find it anywhere on the internet.

Jaskim06

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. I just wanted to know the date when 2016 production on the MKS began. I cannot find it anywhere on the internet.
There's a company that does a detailed report on all the stats of Ford cars including Lincoln, merc, etc. Its called a Marti Report. Just Google it. Idk if you can call and ask him and get the info but he bought all the info from the mid 60s to now and he can tell you the answer. I tried to find how how many of my 07 designer was made and no luck but through him.

G-447843

There's a company that does a detailed report on all the stats of Ford cars including Lincoln, merc, etc. Its called a Marti Report. Just Google it. Idk if you can call and ask him and get the info but he bought all the info from the mid 60s to now and he can tell you the answer. I tried to find how how many of my 07 designer was made and no luck but through him.
Ok great thanks 😊

Jaskim06

Ok great thanks 😊
No problem. My report cost around $50 but you can't find the info about Ford motor company autos anywhere else. I've looked, my friends looked, my grandfather worked for Ford in Ohio and I couldn't find anything with his contacts. Its like Ft Knox info or something. I got my report in 3 days so very fast and very friendly.

bbf2530

Hi OSLG. The 2016 MKS had a short production run which began aproximately 01/04/2016. And 2016 MKS production ended in approximately early June. So yours was more of a mid-production year 2015.

The production schedules nowadays (even pre-pandemic) no longer follow the general guidelines that we were familiar with in the past.

When a vehicle is being discontinued, as the MKS was at the end of the 2016 model year (to make way for the 2017 Continental), production schedules become even more cloudy and unconventional.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Last edited: