• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

MKC Battery

JerryP2017

Plymouth, MN
Hello,
My 2017 Lincoln MKC has had FOUR batteries installed due to cells going bad. The dealer can't find anything that is causing this. Any one out there with a similar problem? Or a fix I can pass on to the dealer. This vehicle was new last August (2017) and currently has 7,000 miles on it.

ANY HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thank You:(

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I presume you purchased your MKC in August 2016. Your problem sounds like excessive battery drain, since you do not have many miles in 10 months, so your car sits a lot. The dealer should have measured the drain by connecting an ammeter between the ground strap and the battery ground terminal (after separation of course). If all the anciliary equipment is turned off there will be a draw of 500 to 800 milleamps depending on equipment. After an hour or so the systems start to shut down and go to sleep thus reducing the draw. In all probability the draw on your battery is higher and the battery is discharging quickly. This is a common problem leading to sulfated battery plates that will not charge properly and the problem gets worse until battery failure.

If the above is your case then the fix is to pull fuses until the excess draw is found and the circuit repaired. Your dealer may already have tried this with no success however.

Good luck.

G-816809

Hello,
My 2017 Lincoln MKC has had FOUR batteries installed due to cells going bad. The dealer can't find anything that is causing this. Any one out there with a similar problem? Or a fix I can pass on to the dealer. This vehicle was new last August (2017) and currently has 7,000 miles on it.

ANY HELP WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Thank You:(
I have same problem on 2017 mkc(3batteries)
Lincoln suggests lock the car while in garage overnite to shut off module
Never did this before today
Makes sense

G-854507

I have same problem on 2017 mkc(3batteries)
Lincoln suggests lock the car while in garage overnite to shut off module
Never did this before today
Makes sense
I have same issue on 2018. 3 separate times. Car parked in garage, locked, 3 weeks each time. First 2 times able to re-charge battery thru jump after 30+ minutes. This 3rd time, nothing will turn on after 2 hours of jump connected. Calling dealer.

feobrien

I have the same problem and Lincoln refuses to acknowledge or stand behind their product. My 2017 MKC has been in the shop six times. Each time they think they have fixed it. They have replaced the instrument cluster, the battery, the hatch door patch, etc. This last trip to the shop it even died right in the shop after they charged it overnight. It has been in the shop 6 days so far this trip trying to diagnose it. Now they say it is a failed gateway module. Maybe it is, but each time I have brought it in, they say they found something. I requested Lincoln Corporate to make a good faith buy back - they refused. It doesn't qualify under my state's lemon law. So much for the "good faith" of Lincoln. Well after the owner of six Lincolns, this will be my last. Too bad, I really like the car, but it is 100% unreliable since you never know when it will be dead. Perhaps I should park it in the lot next door with a big lemon on it.

G-10451

I have the same problem and Lincoln refuses to acknowledge or stand behind their product. My 2017 MKC has been in the shop six times. Each time they think they have fixed it. They have replaced the instrument cluster, the battery, the hatch door patch, etc. This last trip to the shop it even died right in the shop after they charged it overnight. It has been in the shop 6 days so far this trip trying to diagnose it. Now they say it is a failed gateway module. Maybe it is, but each time I have brought it in, they say they found something. I requested Lincoln Corporate to make a good faith buy back - they refused. It doesn't qualify under my state's lemon law. So much for the "good faith" of Lincoln. Well after the owner of six Lincolns, this will be my last. Too bad, I really like the car, but it is 100% unreliable since you never know when it will be dead. Perhaps I should park it in the lot next door with a big lemon on it.
My battery has to be replaced an average of every 6 months. 2016 MKC Reserve.

HTML