Missing Engine Cover

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

I just purchased a 2021 Lincoln navigator 45 miles, $95K. I got home to find that the cars no longer come with an engine cover, which dresses out and helps keep the motor clean. I called Lincoln and was told that by removing, it reduces engine heat and helps with efficiency so they don't put them on any longer. I was told I could get one for 100 plus bucks from the dealer. The engine compartment looks like there is big something missing and ugly. After Spending 95K I had to pay the money for the cover, not the money, its the point. If you are going to purchase a Navigator or Lincoln please be aware of this issue and deal with it before buying or go with a Land Rover or Escalade that still dress out their motor compartments.

04TC

Tampa, FL
Odd that the company would say that. For most new Fords in the U.S. they no longer put in their engine covers, but in Chinese market Fords they do. I assume it's the same with Lincoln, they are probably doing it to save the like $2 it takes to make the plastic cover, on a $95000 vehicle smh. Ford/Lincoln appears to care more about the Chinese market than the U.S. market at this time

dschuffert

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I purchased a new 2021 Navigator L on 12/23. I too was surprised when I got home, opened the hood, and didn't see the engine cover. I called the dealer and they told me the same as you.

vipersinu2

That's B/S, check your engine after a big rain storm. Water drips right down the center of the Cowell panel and drips water right in the center of my engine cover.

I would imagine all those tiny little spaces are going to get flooded.

Let me know.

Okladoug

It is just to save money. It is nicely insulated and keeps the dust off the engine. Just like when manufacturers say that deleting the spare is to save weight but you can buy one as an option for a couple of hundred dollars. I would demand they get you one

GrussGott

Just FYI for everyone:

(a.) This is noted in many reviews (all?)
(b.) The engine bay can be degreased and detailed, i.e. hosed down so water, dust, etc shouldn't be an issue (and covers certainly don't help with rain, dust, etc.)

Personally I'm not buying a Lincoln Navigator to look at the engine so it doesn't bother me at all, but for others I guess it's a concern. I've been lucky to have BMW M cars for a decade and I don't think I've ever looked in the engine bays except when I first purchased them, so I won't be tempted by the 'Gator ... kinda the point of a 'Gator for me is to have others looking in there for me :)

I wouldn't say the cover is missing rather I'd call it an engine cover mod if you want to add one.

tgara

It is just to save money.
I'm not sure if cost savings is the main reason. Parts supplies have been constrained for numerous reasons and what I've heard is that Ford and Lincoln would rather get the cars onto dealer lots to satisfy demand rather than incur further delays by waiting for a largely cosmetic piece.