Maintenance Question

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Elp1125

So I'm interested in getting a 2018 Lincoln MKZ with 42K Miles. So I was looking at the vehicle history, and something seemed a bit strange to me. So the previous owner has had the vehicle suspension serviced multiple times. The strange thing to me is that they took it to the dealer. It had 12,980 miles when it went in. Then 12 days later, there was only 1 mile added, which means the car sat at the dealer for over a week. Is this an indication that the car has suspension problems, or other issues? Have you guys had any issues with your MKZ around 20K-40K miles??

Attachments

• 012E8C7F-B2F0-4C39-9265-D56197EFF731.png
    012E8C7F-B2F0-4C39-9265-D56197EFF731.png
    631.5 KB · Views: 5

bbf2530

So I'm interested in getting a 2018 Lincoln MKZ with 42K Miles. So I was looking at the vehicle history, and something seemed a bit strange to me. So the previous owner has had the vehicle suspension serviced multiple times. The strange thing to me is that they took it to the dealer. It had 12,980 miles when it went in. Then 12 days later, there was only 1 mile added, which means the car sat at the dealer for over a week. Is this an indication that the car has suspension problems, or other issues? Have you guys had any issues with your MKZ around 20K-40K miles??

Hi Elp and welcome to the Lincoln Forums. Without service invoices/receipts, it is very difficult to figure out what suspension and other services were or may have been performed based on that information. Also, service/warranty work is often written up in very odd ways, so the only way to tell for sure is to have the physical service records.
Are the physical maintenance records available? Perhaps you could try calling the Kayser Ford Service Department and asking (or preferably stopping by, if it not far)?

The Dealer's Service Department may have simply had to wait for a minor part. Or the vehicle could have been having major suspension work performed. No way to tell from the information we have so far.

Keep in mind that a vehicle suspension is a relatively simple thing to fix/repair. Yes, electronics can make it more difficult nowadays, but it is not a deep mystery (in the majority of cases...lol). So if it needed suspension work, one can usually assume the issue is likely fixed.

There are no major or common suspension issues with our MKZ's. There have been a few complaints (essentially two...maybe three owners) about ride control/the suspension, and you can find that long thread here: Washboard Road Feel

Of course, that thread only entails members here who have publicly complained. While I have seen no major complaints on other Lincoln/Ford forums, I obviously can't speak for everyone.

In the end, the best course of action is to have a professional vehicle inspection performed by a shop/tech you trust. Before buying.

I can tell you I am extremely happy with my factory ordered, 2018 MKZ 3.0T AWD.

I am sure others will jump in with advice.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited: