Looking for part name

wrvond

There is a plastic panel under the car that has to be removed to change the oil and filter. It is held on by two days fasteners which are missing from mine. I suspect somebody damaged the plastic at some point and now it’s being held up with zip ties.
Anyway, I’d like to replace it but can’t find a new one online because I don’t know what it’s called.
Any help is appreciated.

bbf2530

There is a plastic panel under the car that has to be removed to change the oil and filter. It is held on by two days fasteners which are missing from mine. I suspect somebody damaged the plastic at some point and now it’s being held up with zip ties.
Anyway, I’d like to replace it but can’t find a new one online because I don’t know what it’s called.
Any help is appreciated.
Hi wrvond. Goes by various names such as underbody tray, underbody cover, splash shield, etc.. Is the tray itself broken, or can you just replace the missing fasteners?

Here are the results from a search for "Lincoln MKS underbody tray": Lincoln MKS underbody tray - Google Search

There are other vehicles mixed in with the results, but you can pick out the MKS hits. There are also results for fasteners, or you can purchase them from your local Lincoln or Ford Dealership.

Good luck.

Last edited:

wrvond

Thanks, that's perfect!
I think that somebody tried to pop the panel free and broke the plastic around the fastener so I'm just going to replace the whole thing.

2006JWZephyr

OHIO
This link was a huge help, but if anyone can please ..PLEASE, take a picture of their engine/ under splash guard when off, it was a PITA finding info on this item (s), something everyone has, yet no true info or pictures on what you need or how to install all the items. If you can please take a picture and post up here of the splash guard and a good picture of the Bolt, Shield, Spacer, Retainer in sequence, a picture of it installed to see how the shield gaps to the body for reference would be great and will help out tremendously!

Thank you!

wrvond

It’ll be some time before I can get under there, but here’s what I know:
The big plastic part is called an under car shield, it costs $170.00 to order from the dealer, so I didn’t order it and simply had them zip tie the old one in place. It appears to be available for significantly less here: Under car shield
It clips in place to the front air dam and fits quite flush.
There are two female twist locks that clip into the body side and two twist lock screws (similar to Dzues fasteners but not quite the same). I may or may not have already ordered the female side, but I suspect they didn’t get ordered yet. I do have the screws though...

2006JWZephyr

OHIO
So, I am currently dealing with a similar situation, I bought the MKS and the cover was missing, so I am starting from scratch. I bought an aftermarket cover on eBay that claims to fit both 3.7L and 3.5 Eco. Sourced the 4 twist bolts, 4 spacers and also bought a bag of 4 retainers. From the link/forum I posted above, they state the order is bolt, shield, spacer then retainer. This then twists into the body frame to lock in place. This sequence seems like a lot and just curious if someone could post a picture of the sequence installed on shield, AS WELL as if they can take a picture(s) of the shield installed to see what type of gap they have between the shield and body/frame. With the car new to me and never seeing how this was originally installed (and me not feeling comfortable covertly getting down to the ground to look under a random MKS/ Taurus in a parking lot), would be a great help to make sure installed correctly. Last thing I want is a gap too wide and the shield acts like a sail pulling down under the car. Can a picture of how the retain was installed be taken too? Which direction does it go?

BTW, the aftermarket shield I bought on eBay, I attempted to have it installed and the plastic air dam on the inside rub up against the exhaust pipes, so waiting on a response if these universal shields for both 3.7L and 3.5 Eco are safe to use or if they each take a different shield.

I also read that the bolts can come loose and you lose the whole sequence. At around $10 a bolt, I took a Stainless Steel split/lock washer and crimped it close to the bolt in this sequence.
Bolt, Shield, Washer, Spacer then retainer. Hope this works.

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML