• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

looking for help with my 1982 Mark VI sedan's headlight problem; they will not turn on.

LincolnTom

The headlights went out while my son drove to get some last minute food items for Thanks Giving meal. All other lights work, only the headlights will not come on, including high beams. I have checked the over heat breaker that is attached to starter relay on battery side; it is good. Checked an inline fuse that came off of same post as breaker, that had a similar coloring as wire off of breaker; It too was good. Unfortunately I haven't a lot of time to put into my Lincoln, although it is my favorite ride, so I thought to ask for some advise. Any advise is apricated.

m1nkyb0y

Perhaps there is a relay in the line somewhere, maybe pull that and give it a bang and replace it. Or test it if you want to get all technical.

LincolnTom

I can't find any relay; only a over heat breaker that does pass voltage. It is the basic head light set up; no auto dimmer.

LincolnTom

Thanks. P.S. The Lincoln is for sale, it is in Akron Ohio. There are more pics on Facebook Market

LincolnTom

lol..It was up for sale before head lights went out; in fact, was one ride away from selling it. The to be buyer just got back from test driving it, I got in so we could go and notarize the title, he turned the key and no fire. It ended up being the crank sensor. I think the car doesn't want to go to a fourth owner...

HTML