• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Looking at a 2013 or 2014 used MKS - which year is "better"... same...?

pologuy

I am looking at a 2013 or 2014 Lincoln MKS...

I was wondering if anyone had any input as to which year is "better"... or are they both the same...?

In other words - is the first year of the new generation MKS, the 2013, just as good as the second year 2014?

Or did Lincoln have some "kinks" to work out with the 2013 - and the 2014 model is much better?

Thanks!

SUSAN13MKS

I had a 2009 Lincoln mks which I loved and after having driven town cars previously, I did notice that it had a much stiffer suspension with a ride to match. I got used to it and then I purchased a 2013 MKS which handles much better and gives a much more desirable ride. A far cry from the town car to be sure, but much better then the older model. I do love these cars though and will continue to buy them until they stop making them (rumored to be in 2016) Lincoln doesn't even advertise them anymore, so I think that is probably true! :(

tbird6

2013-2015 almost nothing changed as Ford planned to discontinue the MKS. Good thing is the 2013 has a long list of updates and improvements but the car still looks very much the same as the earlier ones

Good used car value not a very good new car value.

Lincwitsync

You hit the nail on the head. The 2013 update was mostly cosmetic with a few mechanical improvements. Nothing drastic that would discredit a 2013 over a 2014. The 2015 model has a few more cosmetic changes (rear deck lid has been totally redesigned to match the rest of the line-up) but no hard points were changed on this chassis. You have to give Lincoln credit for keeping the car fresh... (That's 2 updates in 7 model years... Most cars only get 1 in a 5-7 year span) I will miss this car when it's discontinued.

HTML