• The LOUNGE is not intended for asking questions about your Lincoln. Please go to the front page and find the section that relates to YOUR Lincoln - and ask your question there. Thank you!

Lincoln: What A Luxury Car Should Be!

Lincoln Lad

Hello all! I have been a devout Lincoln owner for many many years. (I also like classic Cadillacs too!) I purchased my first Lincoln in 1975. It was a 1973 Continental MK IV. It was triple white and it ran like a scalded cat. Three of my favorite Lincolns are a 1979 Continental with the Collector's Series option, a 1993 MK VIII, and a 2004 Town Car Ultimate with only 20,800 original miles on the odometer. I collect cars, if I told you how many I have you'd rate me certifiable! There's a thin line between hobby and insanity - and I think I erased it!

The older Lincolns have more class than the newer ones. I fell in love with the Continental when Elwood Engel gave the Lincoln its true identity in 1961. I was 5 years old at the time. I couldn't take my eyes off of that car. Through the years certain models hit me like a freight train and I could never forget them. Cars like the 1956-1957 Continental MK II...the 1969-1971 Continental MK III...the gorgeous 1972-1976 Continental MK IV...the 1977-1979 Continental MK V and the 1961-1979 Continental sedans. They are even dearer to my heart since the world switched to those God awful SUVs which have taken over looking like they all are cut from the same cookie cutter!

I hope to correspond with many of you regarding the Lincoln motorcar. I am pretty much a walking compendium of both Cadillac and Lincoln in their classic existence. Older cars gain character thru the years. Lincoln is the most esteemed at any gathering of fine automobiles. I had hoped Lincoln would build another Town Car or at least, revamp the eloquent Mark Series. But we can still have them, caretakers all over the world are keeping the tradition alive and quite well. I also hope to share my enthusiasm with all of you!

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hello all! I have been a devout Lincoln owner for many many years. (I also like classic Cadillacs too!) I purchased my first Lincoln in 1975. It was a 1973 Continental MK IV. It was triple white and it ran like a scalded cat. Three of my favorite Lincolns are a 1979 Continental with the Collector's Series option, a 1993 MK VIII, and a 2004 Town Car Ultimate with only 20,800 original miles on the odometer. I collect cars, if I told you how many I have you'd rate me certifiable! There's a thin line between hobby and insanity - and I think I erased it!

The older Lincolns have more class than the newer ones. I fell in love with the Continental when Elwood Engel gave the Lincoln its true identity in 1961. I was 5 years old at the time. I couldn't take my eyes off of that car. Through the years certain models hit me like a freight train and I could never forget them. Cars like the 1956-1957 Continental MK II...the 1969-1971 Continental MK III...the gorgeous 1972-1976 Continental MK IV...the 1977-1979 Continental MK V and the 1961-1979 Continental sedans. They are even dearer to my heart since the world switched to those God awful SUVs which have taken over looking like they all are cut from the same cookie cutter!

I hope to correspond with many of you regarding the Lincoln motorcar. I am pretty much a walking compendium of both Cadillac and Lincoln in their classic existence. Older cars gain character thru the years. Lincoln is the most esteemed at any gathering of fine automobiles. I had hoped Lincoln would build another Town Car or at least, revamp the eloquent Mark Series. But we can still have them, caretakers all over the world are keeping the tradition alive and quite well. I also hope to share my enthusiasm with all of you!
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I'm glad you found us! :)

MKXMark

My Dad drove Lincolns through the 70s and 80s. 70s Town Cars and 80s Continental and Mark VII. In the late 60s his friend had a slab side convertible which may have gotten him started. We now have a 2017 MKZ and MKX in the garage. Sadly when it's time to replace the MKZ I'll have to go with another make since I have no interest in a crossover for my personal vehicle.

If and when I can collect classic Lincolns I'd love to have a '57 Premier, '67, or Mark III.

My family has owned Lincolns since the 60s. When I was a kid my Dad owned Imperials in the early 70s and had three Mark IVs a 72, 73, and 75. I have had an 1988 Lincoln Mark VII, 2002 Town Car, 2009 Town Car, 2012 Navigator, and 2015 MKS. Lincolns have changed in styling and ride over time. I know that the suicide door 60s Continentals are the most sought after now. But I have to say that my favorite Lincoln of all time is the 72-76 Mark IV--with the opera windows, chrome rolls grill, chrome side mirrors, cabinet style dash, and full chrome wheel covers. It is the car of my childhood and it is sentimental to me. I honestly think that the 70s Continentals ride more comfortable than the 60s counterparts because in the 70s Ford improved the suspension and had the most comfortable velour and leather pillow seats. The 70s Lincolns had the most elegant interiors while the 60s Lincoln interiors seem plain to me. The 70s Lincolns are my favorite decade. I am not a fan of Cadillac but my favorite Cadillac is the 1979-1985 Eldorado. Welcome Lincoln Lad and best wishes.