Lincoln town car wheels

04linky

Curious if anyone knows if 1998-2002 town car alloy rims will fit a 2006 town car ? Here is a picture

Attachments

• 13DA9B9A-B8E4-4A3A-9D41-6F7B90A5A69F.png
    13DA9B9A-B8E4-4A3A-9D41-6F7B90A5A69F.png
    648.9 KB · Views: 6
Solution
The 03'+ have wider A-arms and rear axle than the 02'-. So, the rims have different offsets.

If you put the earlier wheels on they will bolt up but, each wheel will be about 1" closer to the outer wheel well lip.

It may be possible if you ran a...

CuttingToolGuy

Houston
The 03'+ have wider A-arms and rear axle than the 02'-. So, the rims have different offsets.

If you put the earlier wheels on they will bolt up but, each wheel will be about 1" closer to the outer wheel well lip.

It may be possible if you ran a narrower or lower profile tire but, you still may end up with rubbing during sharp turns.

Please post pictures and your experience if you try this. Many people would like to see how things turn out.

Actually, this may be worth trying in a junkyard first....

Solution

CuttingToolGuy

Houston
You have the idea.

People usually want to go the other way (03'+ rims on an 02'- ) and run into clearance issues when turning.

I would experiment first. Maybe trade with a friend who has the older rims for a day to be sure things work as expected.

Maybe consider a 205/70 instead of a 225/60 tire. You can play around with the tire size calculator at "discount tires .com" to find a width ratio that gives you the right height.

Mubarakma

Saudi Arabia
Here's a car that did it. I saw this one parked and took a pic. Not mine and don't know what kind of issues it might have had, but looks decent.
Maybe this car is 98-02 model with front end swap it's possible since swapping front end is easy if you get one from junk yard

in my opinion fitting 98-02 wheels on 03+ easer than doing the opposite

Koach

I think those wheels look really good on a newer TC. Not sure what the diameter is, 16", but these look better than a lot of Mustang wheels I've seen...IMO. Plus, part of what I was trying to gain by going to Mustang wheels was a little more offset.