Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Lincoln navigator rear brake line replacement procedure

john19999

Thread starter #1
My navigator 2000 brake line near rear driver side wheel is leaking. Can someone please share the procedure. How to remove or instal new brake line at ABS module. How to find out which line at ABS module is for rear. How to remove brake line from various clamps in engine area,

Any details or pictures will help. Thanks in advance.

John

john19999

Thread starter #3
Are you sure it's the brake line, or the rear caliper that is leaking?
Yes, brakeline is leaking about a foot away from rear driver side brake hose.

My navigator 2000 brake line near rear driver side wheel is leaking. Can someone please share the procedure. How to remove or instal new brake line at ABS module. How to find out which line at ABS module is for rear.

Thanks
John

driller

Morgantown, WV
I've replaced brake lines on ABS vehicles before with no special procedures other than a thorough bleeding of the brake system following the work. There is however specific equipment and procedures for bleeding the ABS system.

Usually people get in trouble when they have the brake system open too long and the brake fluid reservoir empties and air is introduced from the reservoir. If you have everything on hand to do the work, just monitor the brake fluid reservoir while any lines are open(dripping).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML