Lincoln Navigation Update for Sync 3

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

afh3

Minnesota
Upon seeing that the VIN for my 2020 Corsair qualified for a navigation update, I submitted the information and received an email with a link to the SYNC navigation ZIP-archive file at 11:04 PM CDT, Wednesday, September 1st, 2021.

And then again at 10:45 PM CDT, Thursday, September 2nd, 2021.

And then again at 12:55 PM CDT, Today, Friday, September 3rd, 2021.

All precipitated from a single request for the update.

Interestingly, each of the two subsequent emails indicated that I should discard the previous download in favor of the one recommended in the later email. Twice.

Thinking that it would be ideal not to run my vehicle for the estimated one-hour duration that the update is claimed to take, I thought I would call the number listed on the download page for clarification regarding which one - if any, because for all I know there will be another superseding email coming in any minute now - I should use to update the SYNC navigation in my Corsair.

The nice lady from the customer-care center - who, I should add, with probably only a couple additional years of practice, will be able to speak discernable English - suggested that, after "checking" with the navigation-team, no such issue is known to them at this time.

I offered to forward the emails with evidence of the fact that at least >somebody< on the navigation-team must know about it, because each of the two (so far, anyway) follow-up emails make reference to the fact that there was an issue with the previously offered download, and that it should be replaced with the one most currently supplied.

Naturally, this statement was received with all of the importance given to the teacher's voice in the Charlie Brown cartoons, and I was asked if I had any further questions today, and then told to have a nice day.

Knowing that this was not likely to go much better than it already had, I decided to wish her a similarly pleasant day and terminate the support-call.

So, anyone else seeing multiple download emails from Lincoln in response to a single request for the navigation update?

Any notion of which one is likely to produce a successful install, given that the vehicle has to be run for the entire hour before that determination can be made?

Oh, and have a nice day!

JB IN AZ

I personally would wait....

Just asking...what is it that you want from the update that can't wait? Is your nav. currently working? Why mess it up?

Pretty strange, however!

bbf2530

Upon seeing that the VIN for my 2020 Corsair qualified for a navigation update, I submitted the information and received an email with a link to the SYNC navigation ZIP-archive file at 11:04 PM CDT, Wednesday, September 1st, 2021.

And then again at 10:45 PM CDT, Thursday, September 2nd, 2021.

And then again at 12:55 PM CDT, Today, Friday, September 3rd, 2021.

All precipitated from a single request for the update.

Interestingly, each of the two subsequent emails indicated that I should discard the previous download in favor of the one recommended in the later email. Twice.

Thinking that it would be ideal not to run my vehicle for the estimated one-hour duration that the update is claimed to take, I thought I would call the number listed on the download page for clarification regarding which one - if any, because for all I know there will be another superseding email coming in any minute now - I should use to update the SYNC navigation in my Corsair.

The nice lady from the customer-care center - who, I should add, with probably only a couple additional years of practice, will be able to speak discernable English - suggested that, after "checking" with the navigation-team, no such issue is known to them at this time.

I offered to forward the emails with evidence of the fact that at least >somebody< on the navigation-team must know about it, because each of the two (so far, anyway) follow-up emails make reference to the fact that there was an issue with the previously offered download, and that it should be replaced with the one most currently supplied.

Naturally, this statement was received with all of the importance given to the teacher's voice in the Charlie Brown cartoons, and I was asked if I had any further questions today, and then told to have a nice day.

Knowing that this was not likely to go much better than it already had, I decided to wish her a similarly pleasant day and terminate the support-call.

So, anyone else seeing multiple download emails from Lincoln in response to a single request for the navigation update?

Any notion of which one is likely to produce a successful install, given that the vehicle has to be run for the entire hour before that determination can be made?

Oh, and have a nice day!

Hi afha. Yes, the wrong NAV map update files and also license files were loaded to the website. So discard the first two emails and follow the instructions in the third. And hope you don't get a fourth. :ROFLMAO:;)

A member on a SYNC website stated he got the latest email today. He downloaded and updated using the files referenced by that 3rd email and had a successful update.

Or alternately, wait until you hear more from Lincoln Concierge.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

HotrodLinkin

Interesting, so what is updated? New roads or businesses? Do you travel a lot?

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I update the navigation on my 2019 Nautilus yesterday. There are 2 parts to the installation, each of which take about 30 minutes. Unless you're in your vehicle for the entire time, you will need to disable the engine auto shut off. After the first part of the installation, you will see a pop-up on the screen saying it was successful and to shut off your vehicle and restart it. Once again, unless you want to sit in your vehicle you will need to disable the engine auto shut off. The second part of the installation begins automatically after the vehicle is restarted. Your SYNC version must be 3.4 in order to install the maps update.

PYsamkc

I update the navigation on my 2019 Nautilus yesterday. There are 2 parts to the installation, each of which take about 30 minutes. Unless you're in your vehicle for the entire time, you will need to disable the engine auto shut off. After the first part of the installation, you will see a pop-up on the screen saying it was successful and to shut off your vehicle and restart it. Once again, unless you want to sit in your vehicle you will need to disable the engine auto shut off. The second part of the installation begins automatically after the vehicle is restarted. Your SYNC version must be 3.4 in order to install the maps update.

With my 2019 MKC I cant update to v3.4. Hardware limitation I guess. I have v3.0 rev.20204. I installed successfully the new maps NA 2 20 on v3.0.

Which SYNC version did you get when you bought your Nautilus ?

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Hi afha. Yes, the wrong NAV map update files and also license files were loaded to the website. So discard the first two emails and follow the instructions in the third. And hope you don't get a fourth. :ROFLMAO:;)

A member on a SYNC website stated he got the latest email today. He downloaded and updated using the files referenced by that 3rd email and had a successful update.

Or alternately, wait until you hear more from Lincoln Concierge.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
I should have known there is a Sync forum. I bet a lot of my issues are probably discussed on there.

bbf2530

I should have known there is a Sync forum. I bet a lot of my issues are probably discussed on there.

Hi BL. Here is a link to the SYNC Forum: Ford Sync Forum

To be hones though, you will find most of the same people participating and assisting there and here. And generally speaking, it is more active here.

Good luck.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
With my 2019 MKC I cant update to v3.4. Hardware limitation I guess. I have v3.0 rev.20204. I installed successfully the new maps NA 2 20 on v3.0.

Which SYNC version did you get when you bought your Nautilus ?
I also updated my 2019 Ford Escape SEL. It upgraded to v. 3.0 rev. 20204 as well. The Nautilus upgraded to 3.4. I'm not certain of the build number. There was a huge visual difference between 3.3 and 3.4. The fonts in 3.4 more closely match the driver display fonts. The logos for each Sirius XM channel also show. I'm not certain what other upgrades it included.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
I just did the install. Is the new version 2 20? I thought the version I already had on there was 2 20. How can you tell the update was done?
That's the new version. You know it is correct because it installed it. When they sent the previous update last week, it would not install in the vehicle.

JB IN AZ

Please pardon my ignorant questions, as I have rarely updated maps in the factory GPS units I have had over the years....

1) What does this update do, other than add possible new POIs or new streets?

2) It is not a Sync update, right?

3) To get this update (with installation instructions) where do I need to go?

The last Ford products we had were a excellent 2014 Escape Titanium and 2015 Escape Titanium....Both served us very well for many years, but had now outdated technology.

Sorry, I am feeling older today, and especially this morning. Normally I am the one assisting others with tech, but I am a bit uninformed with the Corsair. My dealer has a "tech" guy, but I have found his follow through on my questions to be lacking.

Thanks!

JB IN AZ

And why does it say Sync 4? And yes, I am signed in.

I will "play" with this at another time, but now I have an idea where to go and instructions to follow.
Thanks

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
And why does it say Sync 4? And yes, I am signed in.

I will "play" with this at another time, but now I have an idea where to go and instructions to follow.
Thanks
What says Sync 4? The files to download for the map update? Mine said Sync 32, so I am guessing it has nothing to do with your actual version of Sync.

bbf2530

Please pardon my ignorant questions, as I have rarely updated maps in the factory GPS units I have had over the years....

1) What does this update do, other than add possible new POIs or new streets?

2) It is not a Sync update, right?

3) To get this update (with installation instructions) where do I need to go?

The last Ford products we had were a excellent 2014 Escape Titanium and 2015 Escape Titanium....Both served us very well for many years, but had now outdated technology.

Sorry, I am feeling older today, and especially this morning. Normally I am the one assisting others with tech, but I am a bit uninformed with the Corsair. My dealer has a "tech" guy, but I have found his follow through on my questions to be lacking.

Thanks

Hi JB. I will do my best to answer your questions:

1. Yes, as explained on the SYNC NAV map update website (see below), it updates roads, POI's, etc. etc.
2. Correct, it is not a SYNC system update.
3. You can check for Lincoln NAV map update availability and download here: Lincoln - Sync3 Map Update

And out of curiosity...what are your current SYNC and SYNC NAV map versions?

Good luck.