Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Lincoln MKZ Warped Dash Repair

diehardgator1

A Dealer who purchased 2008 MKZ with a warped dash. The dash had at least 12 to 14 inches come loose at def vent and looked like a seagull taking off. Purchased on the internet a small bottle of loctite 410 instant adhesive. This stuff is expensive about $34.00 for small bottle but worth its weight in gold. It is a black glue the bottle has a long applicator tip. I was able to turn bottle side ways insert tip under the raised dash Be very careful as it sets up immediately. Took a pop cycile stick to spread it out push dash forward layed some books on it and you would not believe the results All hell could not pull it apart now looks as good as factory Wish I had some before and after pictures Be careful not to get on you or other part of the dash Did leave books on overnight. Put the new grill on and was flabbergasted at the great results Try it you will like it

FuzzelFox

I may have to try this. On my 07 the dash has come up about an inch or so which has made the vent pop off. It doesn't really bother me but I wouldn't mind it being set correctly.

lildoggy

My 2007 dash warped at the defroster vent also. Its resulted in my defrost air being re-directed to the wrong areas of my windshield. I attempted to glue the vent to the dash to hold it in place but the warp actually caused the vent to break in half since the hold was too good. I can feel the sub dash underneath the vinyl/leatherette dash. I plan to glue it down onto that hoping that yea, I'll never have to pull that dash especially to get to the temperature sensor thats placed behind the dash against the firewall (thanks engineers). Since I have the factory manual, I'm gonna see just how difficulkt it would be to take that dash off then try to straighten it with something from the backside. Anybody pulled their dash? BTW, checking the car graveyard, I found plenty of MKZ's but they all have the same problem. Lincoln?

Hopefully I've had the warped dash problem resolved at the dealers...I wanted it glued and screwed, but they did not want to glue it. They flattened it back to its original state, installed (5) screws and the new defroster cover. The screws are color matched and everything looks great. How long will it last ? They seem to think it will be ok. I have my doubts, but well worth a try. (Anyone wanting to try this, be forewarned... they said there was a chance of breaking the windshield in the process.)

Hopefully I've had the warped dash problem resolved at the dealers...I wanted it glued and screwed, but they did not want to glue it. They flattened it back to its original state, installed (5) screws and the new defroster cover. The screws are color matched and everything looks great. How long will it last ? They seem to think it will be ok. I have my doubts, but well worth a try. (Anyone wanting to try this, be forewarned... they said there was a chance of breaking the windshield in the process.)

Well, the above fix didn't last long ! One end of the defroster vent started to lift after a week. Worse yet, now the dash covering has started to lift where it meets the windshield. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated !

Had an additional screw added to the above (5) originally installed in front of the new vent about 3 weeks ago-- So far, so good. Sides haven't lifted any more (yet anyway). Bought some gas pressure tubing in both the 5/8" and 1/4" sizes to force between windshield and dash if that part starts to lift any more.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML