Lincoln Extended Warranty

Thread starter #1

Looker

Has anyone purchased an extended warranty for their MKT? What are your thoughts on this?

I have a 2015 MKT with 18k miles. I plan on keeping this car for quite awhile and have read up on some of the problems some people have had.

My warranty runs out in December and I can buy the premium Lincoln extended warranty. Here are a couple of different options they gave me.

4 year / 125k miles PremiumCare $3655 / $365 down / $137 a month no interest

4 year / 150k miles PremiumCare $4770 / $477 down / $178 a month no interest

Has anyone purchased an extended warranty for their MKT? What are your thoughts on this?

I have a 2015 MKT with 18k miles. I plan on keeping this car for quite awhile and have read up on some of the problems some people have had.

My warranty runs out in December and I can buy the premium Lincoln extended warranty. Here are a couple of different options they gave me.

I bought the premium Lincoln extended warranty (Premium Care) when I purchased the car - covers the car up to 100K miles with a $100 deductible. It was around $2,200.

Thread starter #4

Looker

Thanks for the feedback. I will try to negotiate it lower.

bbf2530

Hi Looker. Hope I'm not too late. Although you don't mention two important pricing details, whether your MKT is FWD/AWD or the deductibles for those particular plans (i.e. $0, $50, $100), those prices are high.

You can purchase your extended service plan through any Ford or Lincoln Dealership. You will find the lowest prices online at several volume sellers. Florida has some restriuctions concerning ESP Plan purchases, so contact the following sellers to see what your options are. Here are a few:

Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) Cover New, Used and CPO Vehicles | Zeigler Ford ESP
After extensive local Lincoln/Ford Dealership and online shopping, I have purchased my last two Lincoln ESP plans through Harold Ziegler Ford. Their pricing saved me ~$1,000 over my local Dealerships pricing and was ~$100 lower than the next lowest online seller.

Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales

Lincoln Extended Warranty - Ford ESP For Lincoln vehicles

If you can purchase online from Florida, you will have access to better prices.

Keep us updated and good luck.

Thread starter #10

Looker

Sorry for late reply. Thanks everyone for the feedback! I need to get the extended plan before the end of the year so I will check the other online sources to save some money. Will post what I end up doing.

Btw my 2015 MKT is AWD. I purchased it with 11k miles and has 20k now. The driver side piller key pad blew off on the freeway when driving. Heard a weird noise and was trying to figure where it was coming from then I looked in my side view mirror and the key pad came off and hit against my door and broke in half. The wiring kept the main piece from flying off. Dealer replaced.

Also had a rubber strip come loose on the sunroof that needs fixing.

A cool photo op while waiting for my wife at the train station.

196C3AF7-EC75-4E56-B29E-857C13B924D6.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply. Thanks everyone for the feedback! I neeed to get the extended plan before the end of the year so I will check the other online sources to save some money. Will post what I end up doing.

Btw my 2015 MKT is AWD. I purchased it with 11k miles and has 20k now. The driver side piller key pad blew off on the freeway when driving. Heard a weird noise and was trying to figure where it was coming from then I looked in my side view mirror and the key pad came off and hit against my door and broke in half. The wiring kept the main piece from flying off. Dealer replaced.

View attachment 5864
Wow. Now that's REAL cool!

Never...NEVER buy an extra warranty that isn't thru Ford-Lincoln! I did it years ago using dealer advice and they never paid on a single claim and refused a refund. I am telling you NEVER buy outside warranty! My 13 MKT has used extensively Warr once, as did my MKS. NO HAGGLE, NO ISSUES! Ford-Lincoln Premier warranty covers EVERYTHING.

Sagar810

Sorry for late reply. Thanks everyone for the feedback! I need to get the extended plan before the end of the year so I will check the other online sources to save some money. Will post what I end up doing.

View attachment 5864
I have had the door keypad trim replaced 2 times in the last 3 months! Its so annoying it creeks on the highway and starts to break off because of wind entering the gap. Its very very annoying on such a quite riding car!

Thread starter #16

Looker

Here are the two quotes I received from Harold Ziegler Ford. Im Looking toward the 8yr/ 75k mile plan. I asked about something over 100k as I think that’s when I would see more needed repairs. Waiting on a reply.

“Coverage starts at 0 miles and on the original In-Service-Date of the vehicle, December 21, 2015. I just emailed your requested price quotes. Plan would expire on December 21, 2023 or at 75,000 miles(whichever occurs 1st).”

3BBB3B5F-5723-4CE9-B69F-122676CEE688.png
6DF83D24-11AF-426D-B20E-B4A683BF675A.png

Hi Looker. Hope I'm not too late. Although you don't mention two important pricing details, whether your MKT is FWD/AWD or the deductibles for those particular plans (i.e. $0, $50, $100), those prices are high.

You can purchase your extended service plan through any Ford or Lincoln Dealership. You will find the lowest prices online at several volume sellers. Florida has some restriuctions concerning ESP Plan purchases, so contact the following sellers to see what your options are. Here are a few:

Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) Cover New, Used and CPO Vehicles | Zeigler Ford ESP
After extensive local Lincoln/Ford Dealership and online shopping, I have purchased my last two Lincoln ESP plans through Harold Ziegler Ford. Their pricing saved me ~$1,000 over my local Dealerships pricing and was ~$100 lower than the next lowest online seller.

Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales

Lincoln Extended Warranty - Ford ESP For Lincoln vehicles

If you can purchase online from Florida, you will have access to better prices.

bbf2530

Hi again Looker. According to the information you have given, why are you thinking of purchasing any warranty over 100,000 miles? How many miles on average do you drive a year?

Your MKT is almost 3 years old and has ~21,000 miles. If you've driven ~21,000 miles in ~3 years, you've averaged about 7,000 miles a year. Assuming similar driving habits over the next 5 years (of an 8 year warranty), you will drive ~35,000 miles in those 5 years. That is a total of ~55,000 miles on the odometer when an 8 year warranty would expire on December 21, 2023. Seems an 8 year/75,000 mile warranty would be plenty.

Why pay for mileage that you'll never use in 8 years? There is no sense in paying for more total miles than you will drive over the remaining 5 years. Will you drive another 80,000+ miles in 5 years (by 12/21/2023), when you've only driven 20,000 miles in the first 3 yearws?

Just a few things to think about before spending money you don't need to spend.

Sagar810

The second option is for 4 years 48K miles, if the warranty starts at 0 miles isnt our factory warranty good enough? 800 for another 4 years/48K miles from date of purchase (of the extended warranty) seems super cheap though. I wish that were the case, it would be a no brainer!

Last edited:
The standard warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles. What am I missing with option 2? If it starts at day one and zero miles, then you’re paying for a warranty when the original warranty is better (no charge, 2,000 more miles and zero deductible). What’s the original drivetrain warranty? Isn’t it 6 years / 70,000 miles? That’s what mine was. Option 1 would give you two more years and 5,000 more miles. That’s not a good deal, unless it’s bumper to bumper.

Sagar810

The standard warranty is 4 years or 50,000 miles. What am I missing with option 2? If it starts at day one and zero miles, then you’re paying for a warranty when the original warranty is better (no charge, 2,000 more miles and zero deductible). What’s the original drivetrain warranty? Isn’t it 6 years / 70,000 miles? That’s what mine was. Option 1 would give you two more years and 5,000 more miles. That’s not a good deal, unless it’s bumper to bumper.
I think the option 1 is bumper to bumper which would still mean something as its 4 years more than factory bumper to bumper and 25K miles more as well. I am not sure what the first one is. It does not seem logical at all. Why would someone buy a warranty on top of a factory full coverage warranty? I highly doubt it covers any wear and tear which the factory bumper to bumper does not.

@Looker can you confirm what the 800 dollars extra would even get you on top of your factory warranty?

Could this be just an additional 12K/12month warranty offered for a FORD vehicle (they come with 3year/36K miles factory warranty).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML