• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Lincoln Enhance Updates for Sync 4

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
As we all know, the 2021 and 2022 Nautilus models have Sync 4 (as do the new Navigators) with capability for over-the-air (OTA) updates to Sync4, a system they call Lincoln Enhance. Previously, with Sync 3, this was done mostly, but not exclusively via USB stick, and many horror stories followed. The Sync 4 OTA updates are all seamless

For the last several months, Lincoln has been on a roll pushing out updates, some of which I mentioned in previous threads.

I wanted to start a thread describing these updates since they add new features to the Sync 4 system.

Since I've owned my 2021 Nautilus (August 2021), I've received at least 3 Lincoln Enhance updates, pushing the system to Versions 1.7.1, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, and now 2.3.1. The latest update, 2.3.1, occurred a couple days ago, adding a copy of the secondary climate control buttons to the extended display. These secondary controls adjusted things like air diversion, heated steering wheel, etc.). This will be very handy since I can access these controls now directly instead of having to push several buttons. There were also some upgrades to the Sirius display where more info about the song and channel are displayed.

The other major upgrade with this latest version is some kind of chat feature, Lincoln Personal Assistant, where you can talk to the vehicle. This was in my car before (its much like talking to Siri on an iPhone), but I think this is an upgrade for more conversational dialogue. I have these new screens on my iPhone (see attached). The Lincoln Way app says I have to set up Facebook Messenger to use some of this, but since I'm not a Facebook user, I'll pass until other services become available.

I'll post more of these as updates become available.

IMG_3104.jpeg IMG_3105.jpeg IMG_3106.jpeg IMG_3107.jpeg IMG_3108.jpeg

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Cool, this sounds like a useful thread for sure. Thanks. I still haven't had any updates to my Sync 4 system as of 2 days ago when I checked.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
We have a new Lincoln Enhance update! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!! 2.3.2, which I think fixes a few bugs and implements some functionality from the previous Lincoln Enhance. I can say that the voice interaction is much better, faster, and more comprehensive. There is also a new Dark Mode in the Audio screen, which is nice... no blinding white buttons at night.

IMG_3110.jpeg IMG_3116.jpeg IMG_3114.jpeg IMG_3115.jpeg IMG_3116.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3111.jpeg
    IMG_3111.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Cool. Nothing for the Nav as of yet.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Yes. Just probably on different cycles or something being a Navigator.
When you go to System Updates, Check for Updates, what does it say?

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Yes. Just probably on different cycles or something being a Navigator.

Hi BL. Yes, Lincoln/Ford have stated that different vehicle lines will see different OTA updates at different times.

If/When a particular vehicle line will receive any OTA updates can even depend on what engine, options, features it may or not have.

Good luck.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
That is not unusual. On the Explorer forum, members, including myself, have run into that constantly even though an update was available.

Peter
I also do not have the symbol posted above showing an update or anything in my Lincoln Way app showing an update.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
I also do not have the symbol posted above showing an update or anything in my Lincoln Way app showing an update.
Do you have a Tile in the secondary stack like this, showing climate controls?
IMG_3117.jpeg

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
As a slight drift, does your HUD show a "spinning" Lincoln logo on startup and shutdown. If my 2020 with Sync 3 did, I never noticed. I am always getting the seat belt on right away, but somehow I caught it in my 2022. Not sure if it is a Sync 4 addition.

I am hoping to see an OTA update soon since I have the Nav intermittent running board reverting to OFF issue. I have reported it to my dealer and the Concierge.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
As a slight drift, does your HUD show a "spinning" Lincoln logo on startup and shutdown. If my 2020 with Sync 3 did, I never noticed. I am always getting the seat belt on right away, but somehow I caught it in my 2022. Not sure if it is a Sync 4 addition.

I am hoping to see an OTA update soon since I have the Nav intermittent running board reverting to OFF issue. I have reported it to my dealer and the Concierge.
I will check, but when you say HUD, are you referring to the display on the infotainment screen, or a display shown in your line of sight on the windscreen? My Nautilus does not have the latter.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
I will check, but when you say HUD, are you referring to the display on the infotainment screen, or a display shown in your line of sight on the windscreen? My Nautilus does not have the latter.
Oh okay, yes, the head up display on the windscreen.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Oh okay, yes, the head up display on the windscreen.
Gotcha, but sorry, the Nautilus never came with a HUD. I would have gotten it if it did, though!!

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Sorry to be obtuse, maybe ignorant is a better word, but when you get an OTA update and it downloads to the vehicle, it still needs to be installed via your home or other wifi network, correct? Or, am I misreading the guidance on that?

Edit: I have auto updates scheduled at 3 am since I think this is the case. It sits in my garage next to a Deco mesh wifi puck.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Sorry to be obtuse, maybe ignorant is a better word, but when you get an OTA update and it downloads to the vehicle, it still needs to be installed via your home or other wifi network, correct? Or, am I misreading the guidance on that?

Edit: I have auto updates scheduled at 3 am since I think this is the case. It sits in my garage next to a Deco mesh wifi puck.
As I understand it, if you have automatic updates set to ON, you should be all good and get the updates either through your Lincoln Connect built-in modem (slow) or through external Wi-Fi (fast). In other words, if you have your vehicle connect to your home Wi-Fi (as you do from the screenshot you posted), and you have automatic updates on, you will get the updates automatically without doing anything else. The car and your wifi will do it all without any inputs from you. The Scheduling feature is for "non drivable" updates, where the car needs to not be driving (like you, I set mine to the middle of the night). Other updates can happen as you drive the car.

There are a set of icons that pertain to updates. I'll try to find those and post it.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Jan 24, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
As I understand it, if you have automatic updates set to ON, you should be all good and get the updates either through your Lincoln Connect built-in modem (slow) or through external Wi-Fi (fast). In other words, if you have your vehicle connect to your home Wi-Fi (as you do from the screenshot you posted), and you have automatic updates on, you will get the updates automatically without doing anything else. The car and your wifi will do it all without any inputs from you. The Scheduling feature is for "non drivable" updates, where the car needs to not be driving (like you, I set mine to the middle of the night). Other updates can happen as you drive the car.

There are a set of icons that pertain to updates. I'll try to find those and post it.
raw.gif